gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
958626 Posts in 136532 Topics by 5542 Members - Latest Member: adamdom68 December 14, 2018, 05:02 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  ANOTHER HARO SPORT BUILD....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ANOTHER HARO SPORT BUILD....  (Read 1829 times)

Online deeman

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: ANOTHER HARO SPORT BUILD....
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2018, 08:10 PM »
Keeps kicking me in the bollocks this one..... ::)
i took the bike to my mate 'Wet Look Gel' today for a little help with the gyro as i am unfamiliar with them and crap at brakes in general....We were 10 mins from finishing  when i found out that the alloy wedge on the stem is fooked......B'stard!!!  >:(
i may just have the right wedge somewhere but i am over it today.... :(
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline Andyboy77

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2018, 08:37 PM »
O.k should be done tomorrow this.....except......
i am now considering turning it into a full on survivor rep....this was not meant to happen! i think i will build it as is then gather the necessary parts....
Got a full size version of this image...shows some detail i missed last time such as the recessed front brake bolt. Can anyone identify the decal on the bottom of the down tube? i have looked closely but it is nothing i recognise...would be glad if someone can help out!

The fooking elephant in the room if i am to take this approach is the frameset is not right and will need chrome on the forks and rear triangle, If i turn it into a rep i want it 99.9 per cent right this time...Should have some built pics tomorrow....

Does this one help? I could drop you the original pic via email if the resolution on this one isn't good enough.  :daumenhoch:

Online deeman

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2018, 09:12 PM »
That would be great if you could Andy...still can't tell what it is... :-\

Offline Andyboy77

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2018, 09:21 PM »
I don't have photoshop so I can't invert the colours. Inverting the colours after manipulating contrast and brightness could help making it stand out a bit more. I fiddle a bit with with contrast and brightness. I remember having some other pics of this event where your pic is from. Will check my harddrive.  :daumenhoch:

Online deeman

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2018, 10:12 PM »
I don't have photoshop so I can't invert the colours. Inverting the colours after manipulating contrast and brightness could help making it stand out a bit more. I fiddle a bit with with contrast and brightness. I remember having some other pics of this event where your pic is from. Will check my harddrive.  :daumenhoch:

i have another image on my old Sport thread too...still can't see it well enough when enlarged!! Anything you can do to get a better look/ idea would be great....i will put one on when i find out what it is!!  :daumenhoch:

Online deeman

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2018, 12:53 AM »
Thanks to Andyboy77 who sent me some images i have never seen before...i can now see that it is an 'insane' logo on the bottom of the downtube!
A fantastic  effort by a top radster....never thought i would work that one out!!   :radbmxsmilie: :4_17_5:

Offline tfi_friday

• Site Supporter
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2018, 12:40 PM »
Thanks to Andyboy77 who sent me some images i have never seen before...i can now see that it is an 'insane' logo on the bottom of the downtube!
A fantastic  effort by a top radster....never thought i would work that one out!!   :radbmxsmilie: :4_17_5:

Can you post the images up?

Online deeman

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2018, 01:21 PM »

Can you post the images up?

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,193917.0.html

i started another thread about it Alan  :daumenhoch:

Online deeman

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2018, 02:09 PM »
Got her out in the light today to see how it is going to look......i am quite happy atm...I may have to put a white seat on it to break it up a bit...It's looking a bit too blue for my liking, the chrome on the old frame looks much better imo  :-\

« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 04:51 PM by deeman »

Online Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2018, 04:12 PM »
Looking great Damo, I agree with you on the seat option, white would create a better balance.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Online deeman

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2018, 04:21 PM »
Looking great Damo, I agree with you on the seat option, white would create a better balance.

Agreed Dan...it has got to go! It was a temporary measure as i couldn't and still can't find a nice white Dyna When i first got it i thought from memory it would match the wheels but it is way off. even if it did the bike still needs a white seat. i don't like the chainring much either...  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 04:35 PM by deeman »

Online deeman

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2018, 11:50 PM »
O.K...so this is on hold for the moment. The frame has been sold, i just was not happy with the look of it with the all blue frame. i am in negotiations for an 86 frameset and it will be turned into a full on survivor Wilkerson rep this time as since building the last one and as much effort as i made to make it accurate i have noticed 4 or 5 details i missed last time, some i knew about, some i didn't but want to get it as right as i can this time!!i have the missing parts i didn't have last time. i want it to look like i bought it straight off Ron in 85 ..... :D

Online deeman

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2018, 04:12 PM »
O.k...this should be back on track shortly, just waiting for an 86 frameset to arrive from the states. i paid over the odds if you ask me, but it is exactly the condition i wanted.....
i have also managed to secure my old white Viscount Dyna seat so nearly have all the parts ready to go when the frame arrives....

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  ANOTHER HARO SPORT BUILD....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx