gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975499 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 05:55 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  It's an affliction!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: It's an affliction!!  (Read 2833 times)

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
It's an affliction!!
« on: October 04, 2018, 11:12 AM »
Can't go anywhere these days without having my head on the swivel for a bmx! Every skip, second hand shop, trip to the tip, bit of wasteground, alleyway, it doesn't matter. It's like a drive by treasure hunt!

Been on a few train journeys recently and spent pretty much the whole journey pretending to listen to Mrs ace while I searched every inch of the embankments flying past looking for a section of wheel or handlebar protruding from the undergrowth .

I know the chances are slim to non but I look anyway :LolLolLolLol:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline donnydresser

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: It's an affliction!!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 11:25 AM »
I remember one of the lads doing a thread on a bmx hed spotted from a train he was travelling on a few years ago on here   I think he actually when back and found the bugger aswell  explosion

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 11:26 AM »
Yeah was a great thread that, probably influenced my train journeys ever since  :LolLolLolLol:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 12:50 PM »
It’s when you hear a barmaid saying Diet Coke and you spin around because you thought you heard Dia Compe, that when you’ve got issues.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 03:27 PM »
A bloke turned up at mine the other day to pick up a couple of parts he bought. We chatted for a few minutes. After he had gone, Mrs Wini said it was the most boring conversation she had ever heard. She was probably right.
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 04:10 PM »
A bloke turned up at mine the other day to pick up a couple of parts he bought. We chatted for a few minutes. After he had gone, Mrs Wini said it was the most boring conversation she had ever heard. She was probably right.

Mrs Retro says the same about when me and Brett get together. She says she just switches off.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 04:15 PM »
I remember one of the lads doing a thread on a bmx hed spotted from a train he was travelling on a few years ago on here   I think he actually when back and found the bugger aswell  explosion

Yea, was bobbbssy...turned out to be a rusted POS! was old school though!
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2018, 06:16 PM »
i think for the majority of the membership on here "affliction" is an understatement ,

there are a lot of time served members on here who don't post often but still keep lurking , binning off the kiddy bike thing for short periods ,  but most if not all , myself included,  drift back into BMX you can't not!!! may it be collecting or riding ....

lets be honest most of us are around the same age and as such we were all "afflicted" at around the same time ,   it's the science shit .... what you were really interested in or obsessed with between the age of roughly 10 - 14  will stick with you for the rest of your life,  it's true,..... read it on the tinterweb somewhere :LolLolLolLol:,

there is a whole bunch of weirdo's  i meet one a year, a smaller bunch i meet on a regular basis, most of us pushing 50 still trying to kill ourselfs riding  BMX bikes badly...... all equally afflicted ,   to quote one of them " that's the science brother " ......
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 06:28 PM by oldtired »

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2018, 06:28 PM »
Always find myself going along the back roads these days, looking in gardens, garages & any barns i can see into..
Must cost a fortune in extra fuel

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2018, 06:29 PM »

that was me.... on a trip from Reading to Guildford. Yes, it was found by another member.

Offline stevesredvxr

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2018, 10:43 PM »
I remember that too....wasn't it a rusty white one with mags?

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2018, 12:51 AM »
I remember that too....wasn't it a rusty white one with mags?

Yea, was well rusty Steve....from inside out! i am sure the thread would still be here somewhere...some kinda twin top tube freestyler iirc  :-\
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

rodriguez

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2018, 04:54 PM »

there are a lot of time served members on here who don't post often but still keep lurking

:-X  :-[

griff

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2018, 05:00 PM »

that was me.... on a trip from Reading to Guildford. Yes, it was found by another member.

yep - it was Bobbbbsy who retrieved it and built it up

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2018, 05:37 PM »
all the afflicted were impressed by the above .......  dudes where are you?    facebook ?  it's shite,  this is the science :daumenhoch: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2018, 05:41 PM »

there are a lot of time served members on here who don't post often but still keep lurking

:-X  :-[

the     :-[  is shared dude,   keep it  :radbmxsmilie:

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2018, 05:52 PM »
Always have a nosey in the back of scrap vans as they drive by but other than that I've got over the always on the look out 24/7 affliction now... thank fook. Used to drive me round the fookin twist.  :idiot2:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  It's an affliction!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx