gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 10:57 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Adidas x Kappa P24 score
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Adidas x Kappa P24 score  (Read 4465 times)

Offline Ivan

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Adidas x Kappa P24 score
« on: November 07, 2018, 10:17 PM »

I have been on the hunt for one of the 42 Adidas Originals bikes commissioned by the company in 2003 as display items for the main Adidas stores in Capital cities around the globe. They don't come up for sale very often and if they do the sellers are usually asking big money.
A few weeks ago I was doing another session of searching and this time around it wasn't in vain! I found two New Old Sock bikes both in Berlin, Germany. One was bonkers money - 5000 Euros (that's £4353!) and is in the box never opened or built. The other one was the bike that had been displayed in the Berlin Adidas store. It has never been ridden, only put on show in the shop.
It's close to perfect, the only detrimental points are two of the decals have picked up a few little marks and as you'd expect from the shit quality of the chrome on Sun rims, the wheels have a few blemishes where the chrome is lifting. (Why Sun haven't addressed the issue is beyond me, I have another pair of wheels that the majority of chrome has fallen off - sad that this happens as there's nothing wrong otherwise but the rims are basically junk.)
I have been a bit nervous about the bike turning up after weighing out the wonga, waiting has been hard work, as I could have been ripped off... But, in fairness, the woman who I got it from could not have been more honest, I shouldn't have doubted her as she came through! The bike was delivered today, packed with a lot of care, and way better than I was expecting (the photos I'd seen were pretty whack!).
So, at long last, I have secured something I had on my wish list and hoped one day to cross off.
No matter how long it takes, don't give up, if you want a bike badly enough it's worth every Google search you make when you hit gold. Try every angle you can think of, Google didn't find my Adidas for me, I found it for Google! Certain countries can be filtered out - so you might need to try a search in a different language. I tried a search in German - Adidas BMX Fahrrad - and bingo!

As I said at the start there were two available, and so as there are only 40 others on the planet it's no skin off my nose to share the link to the other one; https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/adidas-bmx-bike-24-zoll-fahrrad-sun-ringle-felgen-fsa-hope-avid/501868852-217-3356

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
Re: Adidas x Kappa P24 score
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 10:45 PM »
Great find, great story,thanks for sharing.... lots of Radsters will love this ... I did  :smitten:
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline Ivan

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 11:40 PM »
My pleasure, maybe someone might benefit from sharing the link. I couldn't weigh out the sort of money the sealed since made boxed bike is on offer at, but maybe a serious collector would. If the link results in another person getting a seriously rare bike, then I'd be happy to have helped.
It is worth mentioning the linked advert shows a number of photos - but they are not of the actual bike. This is stated by he seller when you translate the advert, he has used the photos as he's not willing to open the box which makes sense when part of the allure is that it is sealed.

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 07:38 AM »
These are super cool... nice find.  :daumenhoch:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 11:13 AM »
I had one 8)  , had it for about 2yrs or so  , mine was mint but i couldn't show it off & dare not to ride it , so ended up selling it to someone from one direction , louis i think lol  :LolLolLolLol:

great bikes enjoy!

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 06:36 PM »
that is totally ace   :smitten:   would love one to go with my Brutus.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Adidas x Kappa P24 score

gfxgfx
gfx gfx