gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975499 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 08:55 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Black Elina l/b's stamped 83 4
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Black Elina l/b's stamped 83 4  (Read 2000 times)

Offline boofy44

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Black Elina l/b's stamped 83 4
« on: December 04, 2018, 08:58 PM »
I seem to remember quite a few people saying these were fakes we'll the man with probably the biggest collection in the world Jeff Haney has one for sale on eBay and that dudes had all his shit since Adam was a lad.kind of puts the fake bullshit to bed for ever.

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
Re: Black Elina l/b's stamped 83 4
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 07:34 PM »
Doesn't explain the boxes of em people had
His will be OG, fook knows about others..

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 08:27 PM »
Boxes of em... have i missed something. ???
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline Avro

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 02:21 AM »
...reputations count for nothing, particularly those made online. The ebay seller you mention seems to be able post any item for zero reserve, and zero start price, and get silly money for it. Like most of you, I may be presuming here, I follow this seller.
His, or her's, sales seem to set a standard. Everything they sell appears to be spot on, no doubt, buyers buy with confidence.

Regarding the Elina saddle, I have no idea. I have a black Elina LB saddle that, after work, looks just as good and without the ?date code highlighted. My first views of the saddle were negative, the textured portion of the saddle looks remade, but, meh, I make detail look like pliers puller a tooth.

My thoughts, for what it is worth, is look at the part and ignore the seller. You buy the first but invest in the second.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 02:24 AM by Avro »
Wanted: Shimano Aero frame
Wanted: Tange Axeblade frame

Offline boofy44

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 07:37 PM »
Doesn't explain the boxes of em people had
His will be OG, fook knows about others..

so the so called fakes are exact copies of his with the same molds marks on the back.so someone made a mole with the same fault marks as his.dont talk shite.do you know how much it costs to machine a molds and then have an injection moulding machine and make the guts as well.ive had mine 14 years when they cost about £20 each.are the boxes of black mx1000's that turned up a few years ago fake as well.and why not fake blue seats that are much more rare and go for much more money.logic is not a strong point for some I guess.

Offline boofy44

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 07:44 PM »
...reputations count for nothing, particularly those made online. The ebay seller you mention seems to be able post any item for zero reserve, and zero start price, and get silly money for it. Like most of you, I may be presuming here, I follow this seller.
His, or her's, sales seem to set a standard. Everything they sell appears to be spot on, no doubt, buyers buy with confidence.

Regarding the Elina saddle, I have no idea. I have a black Elina LB saddle that, after work, looks just as good and without the ?date code highlighted. My first views of the saddle were negative, the textured portion of the saddle looks remade, but, meh, I make detail look like pliers puller a tooth.

My thoughts, for what it is worth, is look at the part and ignore the seller. You buy the first but invest in the second.
iEveryone in this game a while knows of him because he bought out all the old hutch stock after they went bust plus many other companies .he Brent to the distributors in the USA and over here and bought loads of their stock for buttons.i suggest you google the guys collection it is unbelievable.

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 07:51 PM »
Some of the mx 1000's were fake!!!
Several people on ere got caught with em. Anything can be faked these days fairly easily, I'm no way implying his or yours are. You see pictures of large quantities of black seats & brakes in a Taiwanese warehouse surely that should make you wonder..

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 07:08 PM »
Anyone got any photo's ?

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 07:32 PM »
Anyone got any photo's ?
They were floating around fbook & came from one of the OZ forums. I lost them along with loads of stuff in the 2017 great sd card meltdown...
I did send most to oldschoolace, bet he's still got em, was fake rippers, quads, gjs, jmc & all fookin sorts...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Black Elina l/b's stamped 83 4

gfxgfx
gfx gfx