gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975497 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 01:54 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  supergoose vs proclass
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: supergoose vs proclass  (Read 3958 times)

Offline brian burnett

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
supergoose vs proclass
« on: December 15, 2018, 10:58 AM »
here is my supergoose usa and my proclass, the proclass is correct as its lighter than the goose, the bb area is a give away as its thinner tubing, in on 'Phone Number Removed' cheers brian. ive researched this a lot and I firmly believe this is a reall proclass as its made with thinner tubing and lighter than the goose
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 11:48 PM by brettypeeps »

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Re: supergoose vs proclass
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 07:43 AM »
Yep, the machined BB is the give away as a genuine Pro-class, along with being lighter. I did the same experiments about 10yrs ago with a selection of Pros and Supers and I also noticed that the rear drop-outs on a Pro are thinner than the Supergoose :daumenhoch:

Wish I'd kept my favourite Pro-Class but had a massive speeding fine to pay when I was skint one day, so away it went :'(
Still limping......

Offline brian burnett

• Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 06:06 PM »
hi mate, yes you are  correct about the rear drop outs being thinner, I thought I was seeing things, my proclass is a lot lighter than the goose, and the forks is different too. when I got  it it still had some og colour on it as wasn't stripped right i think. so I sent to mark ralph to  restore it and get the correct colour on, he has done such a great job marks the best. I love the proclass so much as its turned out so good, the supergoose is awesome too. I researched this till I was blue in the face , even the last owner told me it was proclass, and I didn't see the difference first time till I got both bikes apart, now im so chuffed I have both , will never part with them they are to good. cheers brian

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 07:32 PM »
This is very interesting and helpful as I have never owned a Pro Class only Supergoose  :daumenhoch:

A Pro class is the better bike but do you think the Supergoose would be stronger as thicker tubing?

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 06:46 AM »
A Pro class is the better bike but do you think the Supergoose would be stronger as thicker tubing?

Not sure as they were both designed for racing and both had decent welding. Logic says the thicker material would be tougher but I never heard about Pro-Class frames being snapped BITD or even now as restoration projects, so I think they just got the weight down to the minimum safely and got it right IMO

Must say if I admit to regretting selling any bike it would be my '83 Pro-Class and my '78 Team geese........ :uglystupid2:
Still limping......

Offline Jon1971

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 04:27 PM »
Would love either of them bikes. Pure class and quality. I got a chance to sit on Andy ruffles pro class back in 83 when he was touring here in n.ireland , but apart from that I have never actually seen another up close.

Offline brian burnett

• Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 10:10 AM »
hi mate,  love both bikes the supergoose is awesome its og chrome its so clean its unreal all welds is great no issues atall , the proclass so far has to be one of my best bikes yet.i must say tho my hutch prostar is lighter than the proclass it the lightest bike ive ever owned.i also am lucky  enough to own to mk1 proburner that is very special indeed. I will never part with the supergoose or the proclass as they are very rare more so when in very good condition. cheers brian

Offline Manu

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 05:00 PM »
Lovely Gooses!They are both perfect. :daumenhoch:

Offline Warnerlewis

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2019, 06:55 PM »

Not sure as they were both designed for racing and both had decent welding. Logic says the thicker material would be tougher but I never heard about Pro-Class frames being snapped BITD or even now as restoration projects, so I think they just got the weight down to the minimum safely and got it right IMO

Must say if I admit to regretting selling any bike it would be my '83 Pro-Class and my '78 Team geese........ :uglystupid2:
I remember BITD a friend snapped the top tube on a proclass the bike was a month old, it was about a inch down from the headset, shop didn't want to know and he had to clean back the smoke chrome and have it welded

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Formally Wolfiehere on here early 2000's

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  supergoose vs proclass

gfxgfx
gfx gfx