gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 06:14 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Where have all the Rear bmx cables gone?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Where have all the Rear bmx cables gone?  (Read 2954 times)

Online Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Where have all the Rear bmx cables gone?
« on: July 14, 2023, 10:12 AM »
Anyone else like me wonder where all the rear cables have disappeared to?  ???  every time I see cables for sale especially 'Powerglide' and 'DC' on ebay they are nearly always Front cables  :-\ which begs the question? where have all the rear's gone!  :-\

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
Re: Where have all the Rear bmx cables gone?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2023, 11:24 AM »
I have thought about that too. I reckon it's that front and rears were probably made in equal numbers, most race bikes only use rears, others use pairs, plus the breakages. That's my thinking but who knows.
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2023, 02:12 PM »
Anyone else like me wonder where all the rear cables have disappeared to?  ???  every time I see cables for sale especially 'Powerglide' and 'DC' on ebay they are nearly always Front cables  :-\ which begs the question? where have all the rear's gone!  :-\

Two rears were used on most freestyle bikes  after 84 ish ran a Potts mod. That's my theory.

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Online Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2023, 05:20 PM »
Both good points  :daumenhoch:

another thing I find is when I have found the matching rear? the seller wants a stupid amount for it maybe for the reasons you guys mentioned above?

i.e I had a silver front powerglide which I bought for about a tenner posted I then saw a matching rear on ebay and the seller wanted ?39.95 plus post ffs!  :uglystupid2:

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2023, 08:34 PM »
Yeah, I've been in the same situation with a yellow front. I got lucky and picked a rear up cheap soon after in a little bundle. Keep looking Carl  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 08:52 PM by Chilli Rinse »
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2023, 09:40 PM »
Both good points  :daumenhoch:

another thing I find is when I have found the matching rear? the seller wants a stupid amount for it maybe for the reasons you guys mentioned above?

i.e I had a silver front powerglide which I bought for about a tenner posted I then saw a matching rear on ebay and the seller wanted ?39.95 plus post ffs!  :uglystupid2:
yes I've had the same problem.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2023, 04:27 PM »
TBH with the price difference being so small and the fact rear cables were far more useful yet front cables far less so? that will be why tbh.

It was only a small window of time where people wanted front brake cables that long. For a rider? front cables are useless, whereas the rear ones could be put on any bike.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Where have all the Rear bmx cables gone?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx