gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
959838 Posts in 136674 Topics by 5573 Members - Latest Member: rob996 January 19, 2019, 04:12 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  2019 Race Blog - Continuing to keep it Rad in Japan!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2019 Race Blog - Continuing to keep it Rad in Japan!  (Read 129 times)

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
2019 Race Blog - Continuing to keep it Rad in Japan!
« on: January 08, 2019, 01:19 PM »
Happy New Year Radsters! Itís January which can only mean one thing - yes, the start of another season of trials and tribulations on the race tracks of Japan. My summer move across the country has mixed things up a bit, with my nearest track now a 3 and a half hour drive from home rather than 30 minutes!! Thumbs down On the plus side that will force me out of my comfort zone to try some other tracks. The plan is to make the occasional trip back to Midoriyama and possibly Kawaguchi, interspersed with visits to the tracks in Niigata and Osaka. Niigataís season doesnít kick off ítil April (as its based up at a ski resort in the mountains) but both Midoriyama and Osaka have their opening races on January 27th, so hopefully I can make it to one of those, winter weather (and post-Christmas lethargy) permitting. :daumenhoch:

Bikewise, the Crupi is unchanged from last year though Iíve recently been offered a set of carbon forks (Answer Daggers), so may possibly give those a try. Maybe. The same seller has also offered me a Chase RSP 3.0 but as nice it is, I have neither the skills or spare cash to justify replacing the Crupi, so will most probably give that a miss unless the deal is too good to refuse!! ::)

So thatís it for this first post of the year. As previously, I will try to update the thread with developments, pics and race reports. Comments, advice and suggestions are always welcome! fistblump
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=182215.msg1828811#msg1828811
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old guy on the Crupi!! :D

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: 2019 Race Blog - Continuing to keep it Rad in Japan!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 02:08 PM »
A couple of updates. Firstly, I've received my new JOSF race number, 52, as per the list below. That means changing the number on my UGP plate or busting out another plate for this year! I have one waiting in the wings, or rather, buried in a box somewhere, so may give that a whirl if I can find it. :daumenhoch:

Secondly, I've found another bmx track. It's not much nearer than the others, at over 3 hours by car, but looks quite good. Here's a link to a few races:-

« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 02:14 PM by Mikku »
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=182215.msg1828811#msg1828811

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 02:41 AM »
New year - new shoes! Well, secondhand actually but what the hell, you can't go wrong with Vans! :daumenhoch:

Offline Drawn

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 06:36 AM »
Interesting that your race number changes.
Taking a guess that's the way they run it in Japan? Goes on a regional ranking or similar?
Would be pretty stuffed if that was the case down here, have a few too many Jerseys and Plates with numbers on them  :-\

Hopefully you get out to a few races this year.

Offline oldtired

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 04:48 PM »
top stuff Mick  :daumenhoch: i like these reports,  keep us posted on your exploits throughout the year :daumenhoch:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 12:19 AM »
Thanks guys! I'm not sure about the numbering (as all the rules and regs are written in Japanese!!) but from what I can gather, if you register in time it's based on your ranking from the previous season, though if you miss the cut-off date then you lose your slot. So in my case, I placed 66th out of the 156 registered Novice class riders last year, but got bumped up to 52 because some of those who finished above me didn't register in time. At least I think that's what happened! ::)

We've had some unseasonally good weather here recently, so I've been hitting the quiet, rice paddy roads for some training. Not sure what the locals make of a foreigner guy sprinting back and forth on a strange-looking bike (no-one rides BMX around these parts) but it's good to be blowing away the cobwebs! ;D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 12:21 AM by Mikku »

Offline in2bmx

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Winter is here , Gingers out !
    • www.in2-signs.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 10:50 AM »
Love these . Keep them coming  :4_17_5:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  2019 Race Blog - Continuing to keep it Rad in Japan!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx