gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
965673 Posts in 137278 Topics by 5770 Members - Latest Member: Johnroberts1199 July 23, 2019, 08:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  2019 Race Blog - Continuing to keep it Rad in Japan!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2019 Race Blog - Continuing to keep it Rad in Japan!  (Read 1156 times)

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
Re: 2019 Race Blog - Continuing to keep it Rad in Japan!
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2019, 07:31 PM »
top Stuff Mick  :daumenhoch:       look at you ..... riders behind you  :LolLolLolLol:   'kin A mate ,  well done  :daumenhoch:

nice to see yer proper fizzogg , was begining to think you'd had that helmet welded on :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Mikku

• 540 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2019, 01:04 PM »
Am getting there mate - slowly but surely (albeit more slowly than surely!!) and yeah, I am human under that Stormtrooper helmet! :daumenhoch:

Have been feeling under the weather this past week in two respects - suffering from a niggly cough and the rainy season has been living up to its name. There are 2 races this weekend at Osaka and Niigata but the forecast is looking a bit iffy, so we'll see what pans out. If the Niigata race is rained off it'll be postponed to the following Sunday. There's also another race in Osaka that day, so I'm hoping that I can get to at least one of these 4 races!!
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=182215.msg1828811#msg1828811
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old guy on the Crupi!! :D

Offline Mikku

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2019, 08:29 PM »
Itís 4:30am here and Iím just about to leave for Osaka!! :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=182215.msg1828811#msg1828811

Offline Mikku

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2019, 03:20 PM »
Despite the threat of rain, the Oizumi race went ahead on Sunday which meant I could finally get to race there for the first time. Unlike Kanayasan, the track attracts a lot of riders - much like my old haunt at Midoriyama. But unlike Midoriyama, both the track and venue as a whole are much smaller, with no cars (the track is in the middle of a huge public park), meaning that everyone camps down under the trees around the start hill, adding to the atmosphere. Iíll post some pics in the Osaka Calling thread but I really liked Oizumi, including the track, which is action-packed with a super-long first berm. But perhaps more importantly there's nothing too scary (unlike Kishiwada) and it's shorter than the energy-sapping Kanayasan. :daumenhoch:

However, one thing that could be improved is the organisation of classes, with the over-30s being lumped together rather than separated into Novice and Masters classes, as at Midoriyama. On this day both of these were mixed to make a total of 16 riders, split into 2 full gates! I was in the first of these and I knew I was in trouble when we were lining up in the holding area and I noticed that everyone else was riding with clips! That concern turned out to be the case when I was beaten to the first jump let alone the first berm in all three motos! I was fairly close to the 7th placed guy throughout the day, but never close enough to mount a challenge. With only the top 4 in each class going through to the main, I therefore watched that from the sidelines. :-[

Despite the results I had a really good day, enjoying both the venue and the track. Of the three new tracks I've now ridden at this year (Kanayasan, Kishiwada and Oizumi), I think Oizumi is best-suited to me and my skill level. It's certainly fun, a feeling that's mirrored off the track, with lots of people striking up conversations and the kids trying to practice their English with me. I think I may have found my local track, if you can call 236km/146 miles local!! Am therefore looking forward to my next outing there in July. In the meantime there's a race at Kishiwada this coming Sunday, so I may make the trek back down to Osaka for that.  :D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 04:15 AM by Mikku »

Offline Mikku

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2019, 09:42 PM »
A combination of traffic restrictions (and therefore congestion) caused by the G20 summit, a typhoon sweeping across the country and the need to do some work means that I won't be making a return to Osaka this weekend. On the plus side, the money I save means that I can buy a few things instead, including this cool number plate and a set of race numbers! :daumenhoch:

My next scheduled races are therefore on the 14th and 28th July at Oizumi and Kanayasan respectively. :slayer:

Offline Mikku

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2019, 12:11 PM »
Am due back at Oizumi this weekend, though the rainy season is still in full swing, so we'll have to see how things pan out this week. :daumenhoch:

Offline Mikku

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2019, 11:56 PM »
As feared, rain stopped play yesterday, which means my next outing should be on Sunday 28th. Weather permitting! :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  2019 Race Blog - Continuing to keep it Rad in Japan!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx