gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
967771 Posts in 137590 Topics by 5854 Members - Latest Member: Curtis-mini-bmx December 07, 2019, 10:39 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  2019 Race Blog - Continuing to keep it Rad in Japan!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2019 Race Blog - Continuing to keep it Rad in Japan!  (Read 6018 times)

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
Re: 2019 Race Blog - Continuing to keep it Rad in Japan!
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2019, 11:56 PM »
This Sunday's race is now looking iffy due to a wet weather spell caused by yet another typhoon. However, since I'm currently nursing a sore back after a morning's worth of wood-cutting, I won't be too disappointed if it's rained off but we'll see. :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=182215.msg1828811#msg1828811
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old guy on the Crupi!! :D

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2019, 02:16 PM »
As expected, tomorrow's race has been rained off and will now be held on Sunday 10th November. That means 2 consecutive race weekends, with Oizumi on the following Sunday. All subject to the vagaries of the weather, of course. :2gunsfiring_v1:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 02:19 PM by Mikku »
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=182215.msg1828811#msg1828811

Offline monkian

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2019, 10:42 AM »
Wanted: SR MP-131 Pedals :)

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2019, 11:58 AM »
Tell me about it! This Sunday's rescheduled race is also looking a bit iffy with rain forecast for a few days. Thumbs down

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2019, 11:21 PM »
As expected, yesterday's race was cancelled. The pics below show the track condition on Saturday and with more rain forecast on Saturday night, they decided to pull the plug. That was the final race of the Kanayasan season, so I'll have to wait until next spring to race there again. Thumbs down

Anyway, onwards and upwards, as this Sunday I should hopefully be racing back down at Oizumi Park in Osaka. Looking forward to it, though with one eye on the weather forecast, as always! :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 11:25 PM by Mikku »

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2019, 01:57 PM »
According to the flyer for this weekend's race, it looks like the classes might be mixed up a bit! Should make it interesting! :D

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2019, 12:22 PM »
Finally got to go racing on Sunday! Race report and more pics to follow. :daumenhoch:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2019, 09:52 AM »
After the disappointment of the recent Niigata cancellations, it was good to be back on track again after a two-month break. Iíve only raced there three times but Oizumi now feels like my local track, even though itís 236km away from home! Itís definitely my favourite track - I just wish I could get to ride it more frequently. To that end, I may drive down the day before the next race (in a fortnight) to get some practice in.

So back to last Sunday, the over-30 mixed class had 23 riders, by far the most popular, so were split into 4 motos, with six riders in mine. I had a ding-dong battle with the same rider in all three races albeit at the back of the pack. I was slow out of the gate in the first moto and although I was close and at times level, I couldnít quite slip past. Determined to do better in the the second moto and lining up together on the gate, I got my bars in front, moved across and went into the first berm in 5th. However, despite covering my line, I was picked off coming out of the second berm and it stayed that way to the end. I was gutted to have lost the place and was fired up for the 3rd moto. Once again, I made it into the first berm in 5th and this time kept the olí legs spinning to finish in that place. A victory of sorts, and a good way to end off the day even though I didnít make the semi-finals, with only the top four from each moto going through. One benefit of not making the main is that I can watch the other races. Not just from a spectator point of view but itís also good watching the lines that other riders take and how they tackle the various parts of the track. There were some good dices but the best was left to the last race of the day, which was the elite class. The large turnout for my class was not quite mirrored in the top class, but with six riders taking the gate, it was the largest turnout of elite riders I've seen in Japan. It was great watching them in practice, let alone the racing. Oizumi has two back straights, with a separate set of jumps for elite riders and they made small work of the big jumps there. Amazing to watch! Just wish I had those skills. Or for that matter, those balls!! :nuts:

Back to reality, hereís a selection of pics including some gate shots! :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 12:17 PM by Mikku »

Offline in2bmx

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Suns out , Gingers In !!
    • www.in2-signs.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2019, 11:35 AM »
So cool to see  8) :daumenhoch:
Robinson Racing Products

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2019, 12:22 PM »
Thanks Carl! Wish I could get out there more often but such is life. Thoroughly recommend it though for anyone thinking of giving it a go. Or another go, in most of our cases! :daumenhoch:

Offline monkian

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2019, 07:19 PM »
Nice work representing Mick and for getting your elbows out fella. Hopefully youíll get more track time now
Wanted: SR MP-131 Pedals :)

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2019, 12:23 AM »
Thanks Paul - I'm trying! :slayer:

Two more races to go this season - back to Oizumi on 1st Dec then the Final Race at Midoriyama on the 8th. As always, looking forward to it! :daumenhoch:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2019, 11:49 AM »
Back down to Oizumi for their season finale tomorrow. The car's all packed up and ready for its 4.30am departure. Hopefully the driver will be too! :D

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2019, 10:38 AM »
Back to Osaka for the second time in 2 weeks, Oizumi is definitely feeling like my local track. This was the last race of their season and with a bbq organised for after the races, there was an end-of-term feeling about the day. As always, the over-30s class was a popular one, with 15 riders spread over 2 heats. I was in the 2nd, which had a full gate of eight. I got squeezed a little in the first moto and had to back off approaching the first jump, which meant I lost speed and that was it, with the 8 of us travelling round like a train with no overtaking. At least that was what I was told, not being close enough to see what was going on at the front of the pack. Or train! I got away slightly better in moto 2 and went into the first berm in 7th but was then picked off down the 2nd straight and finished 8th. Despite my best efforts, the 3rd moto ended the same way, as I just didnít have the legs to keep up with, let alone get ahead of the 7th-placed guy. Disappointing but it is what it is. I still enjoyed the day though and will definitely sign up again for next yearís series. Thereís also rumoured to be a 2-race ďwinter seriesĒ starting in January, so I'll try to make it down there for those too. :daumenhoch:

So this coming weekend Iím planning to head down to Kanagawa for the ďFinal RaceĒ at Midoriyama. The weather's looking ok at the time of writing, so hopefully that lasts through to Sunday. Membership renewals are due for Midoriyama, so Iíll need to have a think about whether itís worth paying the £33 membership fee for 2020, given how little I race there now. I probably will but may wait to see if I can off-load some of the stuff that I'm taking there to sell! ;D
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 10:45 AM by Mikku »

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2019, 08:42 AM »
Am now in Tokyo, but itís been raining here most of the day, so am not sure if tomorrowís race will go ahead. Sundayís forecast looks ok but itíll depend on the track condition which in turn will depend on whether the organisers were able to cover the track in time. Fingers crossed!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  2019 Race Blog - Continuing to keep it Rad in Japan!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx