gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975534 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 02:46 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What is in store for RadBMX?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What is in store for RadBMX?  (Read 8955 times)

Offline Michael bmx

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: What is in store for RadBMX?
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2019, 10:09 AM »
I'm not into bmx as much as a lot of people on here. I found the site looking for info for my wheels on my soap box racer and glad I found the site, I was into bmx when I was younger and this site has sparked my interest again, I have found a lot pf you helpful and friendly and will pop on often. As I like the site so much I will also put the website on my soapbox for.advertising, I get noticed alot 
Thats me with the red suit on left and the car with the checkered strips is mine

Offline Michael bmx

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2019, 10:11 AM »
Front page too

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2019, 10:12 AM »
My Lad is always watching the redbull soapbox on the tv  :daumenhoch:  seems a cool thing to do put the link up for your site so we can have a butchers at it  :daumenhoch:

mmm? just read it correctly lol but lmk if theres a forum for it or summat?

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2019, 11:07 AM »
There’s no place like the forum for solid input, part finding and pure old school goodness, even if not much actually seems to sell on here anymore.

The FB pages have got silly with their own set of ‘experts’ who’ll troll the feck out of a post or for sale ad when they think they know what you’re saying and comment before they think - just to show everyone how clever or knowledgeable they are about a brand or how much of a noob you are... you won’t get that kind of immaturity on the forum. There’s more respect here.

I’ve unfollowed a couple OS FB pages cos it was just getting me agro and that’s not the OS or RADBMX way.

LONG LIVE THE FORUM.

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2019, 01:13 PM »
There’s no place like the forum for solid input, part finding and pure old school goodness, even if not much actually seems to sell on here anymore.

The FB pages have got silly with their own set of ‘experts’ who’ll troll the feck out of a post or for sale ad when they think they know what you’re saying and comment before they think - just to show everyone how clever or knowledgeable they are about a brand or how much of a noob you are... you won’t get that kind of immaturity on the forum. There’s more respect here.

I’ve unfollowed a couple OS FB pages cos it was just getting me agro and that’s not the OS or RADBMX way.

LONG LIVE THE FORUM.

I think there are an increasing number of people who would agree with this. I left a few of the facebook groups as i got sick of the bull$hit. The forum is here to stay

Offline Michael bmx

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2019, 09:18 PM »
My Lad is always watching the redbull soapbox on the tv  :daumenhoch:  seems a cool thing to do put the link up for your site so we can have a butchers at it  :daumenhoch:

mmm? just read it correctly lol but lmk if theres a forum for it or summat?
there isnt forums more post etc.. on facebook and youtube, thats why I had to look for info, a forum would be helpful, redbull is ok but costs alot to enter and they make it so your car brakes,  my friend has applied for this years one, im doing, thetford, cromer, hunstation amd harewood this year and maybe a few others. Sorry for hijacking post guys

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2019, 09:31 PM »
I said it before once more time after time

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,187595

fistblump
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2019, 10:28 PM »
I said it before once more time after time

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,187595

fistblump

Fook the scooters hey Ed  :2funny: :LolLolLolLol:

Well said mate.... now go roll yerself a chocolate blunt  :shocked: ;D

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2019, 08:20 AM »
now go roll yerself a chocolate blunt

Please don't, my face hurts just thinking about what happens when Ed gets rolling anything in blunts........ :LolLolLolLol:

But on topic, you know my thoughts on Facebook and social media already. I do love this place, feels like a comfy sofa every time you log in. Remember how we all felt when it crashed? Your answer is right there isn't it :coolsmiley:
Still limping......

Offline Smidsy

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2019, 08:02 AM »
Forums are way better. No way I could publish on FB how much stuff I have bought or what price etc...the misses would go mental  :tickedoff:

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2019, 08:36 AM »
Think as long as members keep posting,  forums will survive.   In the main , it's  posts that count and keep forums rolling on .  Pretty guilty here of not posting much as I tend to read  and look at the pretty pictures of old English bikes as they was what I  grew up with thank fook i stumbled on Rad  .  Was on a English VW forum as well that seems to have gone to fb , shame really ......

Keep it up guys ,  this is a great forum   :4_17_5:
NO  I  don't do face book  ... or twitter ...oh or my space  . You kinda get the picture  .

Offline brimfull

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2019, 09:42 AM »
Think as long as members keep posting,  forums will survive.   In the main , it's  posts that count and keep forums rolling on .  Pretty guilty here of not posting much as I tend to read  and look at the pretty pictures of old English bikes as they was what I  grew up with thank fook i stumbled on Rad  .  Was on a English VW forum as well that seems to have gone to fb , shame really ......

Which VW forum was that mate? It's a shame as a few have gone and people used to put up useful build pics,etc

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2019, 12:35 PM »

I think there are an increasing number of people who would agree with this. I left a few of the facebook groups as i got sick of the bull$hit. The forum is here to stay
[/quote]

Me too. One or two of the forums full of people trying to be the biggest d1ckhead.

Split decision who won to be fair.
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2019, 12:46 PM »

Me too. One or two of the forums full of people trying to be the biggest d1ckhead.

Split decision who won to be fair.
[/quote]

To be honest, with FB groups it seems that the ones that have the biggest collection of bellends are usually run by some of biggest bellends out there.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2019, 11:48 PM »

Which VW forum was that mate? It's a shame as a few have gone and people used to put up useful build pics,etc

SW Dubs  .  Seems the forum has vanished. ..
NO  I  don't do face book  ... or twitter ...oh or my space  . You kinda get the picture  .

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2019, 07:57 AM »
The bigger picture is that the impact on prices of parts ( because of ebay and to a lesser degree Spacebook ) has made the 'hobby' less accessable. Also with people holding on to parts its harder to finish a build so less fun ... which is why people moved onto mid school ... but thats as bad now ... once you get past 2000 bikes got pretty dull so unless you were riding at the time it won't have the same connection as old school stuff for a collector.

The stories of so many people getting shafted by wan kers on ebay means there's more bastards praying on people desperate for parts.

Its deffo a different 'beast' to what it was when I got back into BMX in 2009 ... but once you get this shit in your blood its hard to break free.

Can we just change the front page to an old map saying 'here be draggons'... or 'abandon hope all ye who enter here'

:slayer:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 10:42 PM by ED209 »
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2019, 02:26 AM »

Can we just change the front page to an old map saying 'here be draggons'... or 'abandon hope all ye who enter here'

Or maybe just " NO f¥cking scooters" hey Ed  :LolLolLolLol:

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline cheeta

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2019, 11:20 AM »
a forum is social media, just as is facebook, twitter, instagram

you interact with people, upload pics its not different, forums are old hat easier to use and navigate on a pc or laptop, where facebook/instgram is perfect for a smartphone, quick and good layout

just block people you dont want to interact with on facebook/instagram, I do its easy  Skint

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2019, 11:27 AM »
a forum is social media, just as is facebook, twitter, instagram

you interact with people, upload pics its not different, forums are old hat easier to use and navigate on a pc or laptop, where facebook/instgram is perfect for a smartphone, quick and good layout

just block people you dont want to interact with on facebook/instagram, I do its easy  Skint

I just want to say thanks for that by the way.  fistblump

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline OllyHall

• Flip-Whip
  • Dannywhac is a fooking hippy!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2019, 06:38 PM »
Facebook is bad for mental health! FACT!
Mid school baby!!

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2019, 07:29 PM »
thats why I closed mine down nine years ago. Radbmx is the way forward👊🏻
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2019, 07:00 AM »

yep true that as keep telling the missus that as she get jealous when she see friends going on holiday every week and buying a new car so on
no1stuntmaster on instagram

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What is in store for RadBMX?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx