gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975525 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 19, 2024, 03:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  This kind of thing winds me right up!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: This kind of thing winds me right up!  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Avro

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
This kind of thing winds me right up!
« on: February 02, 2019, 11:00 AM »
A little research can go a long way.

Adverts like this wind me up really badly! I should really take up golf or something. The advert is typical of many, I know that, and I really should not let it get to me. I need to vent :tickedoff: Perhaps also add a little information to boot.

The advert briefly turned me into that guy that sends a 'know it all' type message to the seller; the shame, although I was polite :knuppel2:. As I said before, I should really take up golf.

Kuwahara Headtube Decal Sticker NOS BMX Old School Not Repop!
[/size]

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

The seller responded, very cordially I might add, saying they that he was a record dealer but came across these. The evidence he gave for them being nos, and not repop was this picture of the paper they are mounted on  :idiot2::

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

...despite the obvious problem, I thought so at least, that the paper is made in the USA it is another detail that really gets my hackles up. This is something you see a lot on 'og Kuwahara decals', the placement of the trademark symbol. This was only used from early 1983 I think. There is no way Kuwahara could trademark the Japanese flag, just saying! The trademark should be after the word Kuwahara as that is the trademark.

Rant over.
Wanted: Shimano Aero frame
Wanted: Tange Axeblade frame

Offline Jon1971

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: This kind of thing winds me right up!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 11:10 AM »
The only people I would trust and buy kuwahara decals from or ;  bmx-rider based in Canada.
I agree with what you say.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: This kind of thing winds me right up!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 11:13 AM »
So he sells records and so on, so it sounds like he's saying he knows little about BMX. Then, however, he calls them NOS and not repop.

So basically what he is doing is deflecting questions by playing dumb (and Paypal disputes too) yet saying NOS not repop.

Mmmmmkkay.

Funny thing is that without those words (not repop, NOS) they are worth nothing.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  This kind of thing winds me right up!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx