gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975531 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 23, 2024, 07:05 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Market Place  |  Jumble Sale  |  TRADE? My Road bike for your hybrid bike?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: TRADE? My Road bike for your hybrid bike?  (Read 4013 times)

griff

TRADE? My Road bike for your hybrid bike?
« on: February 12, 2019, 05:27 PM »
I bought this bike back in April 2016, fully intending to use it to commute to work if the weather was nice
Managed it a few times, but since I live on a big fooker of a hill it meant I had a 2 mile climb after 13 miles to look forward to at the end of the day  ;D
I really should have bought a bike with easier gears, I've also now signed up for the coast to coast ride which includes plenty of offroad bits so I'm thinking a hybrid bike would be the sensible option...

Rather than simply bung it up for sale and lose a shitload of £, thought I'd offer it up here for trade first in case someone with a hybrid bike wishes they had a road bike instead!

Happy to supply further pics if you're interested, but below is the one from the ad when I bought it
Condition is excellent, it's only been used for approx 150 miles in total and then stored :-[

Specs - Shimano Ultegra 6800 groupset
Frame and Fork - Planet X Pro Carbon - Medium Size 5′8″ to 5′11″ (173cm-180cm)
Brakes - Shimano 105
Wheels - Shimano

Weight of complete bike is around 8kg

Will consider selling if no-one interested in a swap

Offline Avro

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Re: TRADE? My Road bike for your hybrid bike?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 12:49 PM »
Try a 32-11 cassette and a long cage derailleur. looks like compact gearing already?
Wanted: Shimano Aero frame
Wanted: Tange Axeblade frame

griff

Re: TRADE? My Road bike for your hybrid bike?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 01:50 PM »
Try a 32-11 cassette and a long cage derailleur. looks like compact gearing already?

I did consider doing something about the gearing, but figured the cost of fiddling about with an Ultegra groupset would end up costing almost as much as another bike  ;D

The other option for the C2C is just to drag my old GT mountain bike out of retirement - thinking about it that's probably the best idea

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Market Place  |  Jumble Sale  |  TRADE? My Road bike for your hybrid bike?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx