gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975526 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 20, 2024, 02:05 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Weight gain !
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Weight gain !  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
Weight gain !
« on: February 19, 2019, 05:58 PM »
So my NOS SR Aerox (ms-403) stem arrived today! After finding the spec in a catalog on the net, I noticed the weight for the stem. So I popped it on my scales and the weights don’t match. Mine is over by 6 grams according to the published catalog weight. So am I being paranoid about a possible new copy or do you think a slight difference is expected in the manufacturing of forged metal stems ?
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
Re: Weight gain !
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 09:54 PM »
Ok... So you must think I'm mad!  :LolLolLolLol: After a bit of digging on the net I found a piece on calculations for the forging process. It seems the actual weight of finished items is often heavier than the estimated weight ( this research was from the 60's ). Maybe the published weight was in fact the estimation rather than the actual weight of the finished product. I'm sure the Japanese at SR would have been more fastidious and relay accurate information to their customers though !

6 grams heavier or not it's going on the bloody bike  :daumenhoch:
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Online deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 12:32 AM »
Manufacturing tolerances weren't what they are now or they were simply lying!!  :daumenhoch:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline bob1984bmx

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 04:26 PM »
Plastic bags weigh 6grams  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Weight gain !

gfxgfx
gfx gfx