gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX April 18, 2024, 05:55 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  yellow mag resto ??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: yellow mag resto ??  (Read 2079 times)

Offline betsydog

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
yellow mag resto ??
« on: February 20, 2019, 07:01 PM »
Hi all , just purchased a pair of yellow ogk mags , i would like to restore them , is there a way of cleaning them up with out scratches ect , just wondered what you guys do as i dont want to ruin them , any help would be great , cheers shane .

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Re: yellow mag resto ??
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 08:51 PM »
Media blast or aqua blast them - loads of sticky threads in the resto section :coolsmiley:

Search for aqua blast and you should find them :daumenhoch:
Still limping......

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 08:55 PM »
Still limping......

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 09:26 PM »
I’m still working on those yellow tuffs I had off you Sven  :idiot2:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 12:46 AM »
Is your dishwasher not up to the job Mike - chuck 'em in there fistblump

And they were Simon's not mine Guv. And cheap if you recall........ :2funny:
Still limping......

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 02:09 AM »
Took 10 seconds to find it ???

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,130061.0.html

Spen, i had a pair of white tuffs aqua blasted as a trial...they were white anyway but had some ingrained dirt that wouldn't shift. i was not impressed with the results....very rough and pitted. i wouldn't personally recommend it. Tbh i was so disgusted with the result i put them straight on the bay and luckily just about recuperated my money.
Dyeing is probably a better option fella... :daumenhoch:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 06:50 AM »
Is your dishwasher not up to the job Mike - chuck 'em in there fistblump

And they were Simon's not mine Guv. And cheap if you recall........ :2funny:

I don’t have a magical dishwasher that can put them fookers right , I had the ones that some loon had attacked with sandpaper and a screwdriver !
I pick them up every so often and give them a rub with some wet and dry and slowly but surely they are coming back to life , they’re going on that goose I had off you .

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 07:40 AM »

Spen, i had a pair of white tuffs aqua blasted as a trial...they were white anyway but had some ingrained dirt that wouldn't shift. i was not impressed with the results....very rough and pitted. i wouldn't personally recommend it. Tbh i was so disgusted with the result i put them straight on the bay and luckily just about recuperated my money.

Depends on the media they use I suppose mate, i had about half a dozen sets done by metal magic in Barnsley and got good to brilliant results, depending on how far gone they were to start with. I had sets done for lads on here back at the time as I used to drive up to York a fair bit, and also did a pair of z-rims if I recall, all with excellent results. So I suppose it depends how bad they were to begin with :-\

And Mike, I think you hassled me for those shagged, scruffy Tuffs so bad I ended up having to pay you in sexual favours to take them off me. I still can't sit down comfortably now, after all these years...... :shocked:  :surprise:
Still limping......

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 06:36 PM »

Depends on the media they use I suppose mate, i had about half a dozen sets done by metal magic in Barnsley and got good to brilliant results, depending on how far gone they were to start with. I had sets done for lads on here back at the time as I used to drive up to York a fair bit, and also did a pair of z-rims if I recall, all with excellent results. So I suppose it depends how bad they were to begin with :-\

And Mike, I think you hassled me for those shagged, scruffy Tuffs so bad I ended up having to pay you in sexual favours to take them off me. I still can't sit down comfortably now, after all these years...... :shocked:  :surprise:

You could be right there Spen, i don't think the fella had been at it long! They weren't even bad, they were actually white, just had some ingrained dirt in places that just wouldn't shift using conventional methods...they came back fooked, rough and pitted./... and the worst thing was the hubs had not been disassembled before blasting , they would hardly sppin they were so full of grit when i got them back!!!! i just put it down to experience and vowed never to aqua blast mags again. Glad you had better results... :daumenhoch:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  yellow mag resto ??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx