gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975497 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 11:19 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Museum  |  1989 Raleigh BMX Series
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 1989 Raleigh BMX Series  (Read 4735 times)

Offline Champ

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
1989 Raleigh BMX Series
« on: March 01, 2019, 07:51 PM »
My first build.  Picked it up for next to nothing as it was in a very bad way but now freshly powder coated decals, all original except for red brake cable sheaths.  Now complete I've not seen a cleaner original model but I'm sure they're out there.  I'll never make my money back on it but that's not what I do it for, it owes me hours and hours of time from de-rusting and polishing every single part no matter how small, but i don't care. Its been a pleasure.

Now hung on my sons bedroom wall and his friends think its sic.

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: 1989 Raleigh BMX Series
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 08:24 PM »
Hiya mate...  :welcome to Rad.

You need to repost this in the Raleigh section mate...

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,68.0.html

:daumenhoch:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 01:39 AM »
Fook me...were they still getting away with these in 89????!!  :-\ :shocked: :shocked:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline Champ

• Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 08:26 PM »
Hiya mate...  :welcome to Rad.

You need to repost this in the Raleigh section mate...

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,68.0.html

:daumenhoch:
Cheers mate and thanks. I'll try and figure out how to on my phone.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Offline Champ

• Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 08:27 PM »
Fook me...were they still getting away with these in 89????!!  :-\ :shocked: :shocked:
Aye last year of them all I believe mate. Last of the bits they had left over I think before they canned them all.

Offline RussellG

• Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 04:27 PM »
I have just bought one of these on saturday as my first project.,it needs a few bits doing to it such as a new decal set and a new pad set also has one broken pedal and only half a seat so need to get a replacement also brake cables and levers are required,the saddle is white with raleigh written.i have looked on boyds bikes website and see they do replica kashimax mx saddles,should i get one of these as a replacement,they do look similar.

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 07:02 PM »
I have just bought one of these on saturday as my first project.,it needs a few bits doing to it such as a new decal set and a new pad set also has one broken pedal and only half a seat so need to get a replacement also brake cables and levers are required,the saddle is white with raleigh written.i have looked on boyds bikes website and see they do replica kashimax mx saddles,should i get one of these as a replacement,they do look similar.

All easy stuff mate...ten a penny on ebay and facebook etc...i believe they do the Raleigh seats in Aero and Mx style depending on your preference. Alansbmx.com is good place to start also.. :daumenhoch:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline burnerboy

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 08:45 PM »
Nice build there bud, Looks cracking.
I too have done a Raleigh series project (blue one)  sure I done a post on here.
Same as you I will never get the money back in time etc and few people did wonder why I was even doing it but I thought it was worth saving and enjoyed the build plus now the boy loves riding it, that's what its all about.
Everybody remembers a Burner!!

Offline Champ

• Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2019, 09:03 PM »
Glad its not only me mate, I thinks theres a few thousand or more people seem to feel the same way. Love a good old battered bike that needs love and restoration rather than some of the nos bikes that simply require building up. If I've not got my hands black, broken some nails, got a few cuts and grazes then its not the same. Hahaha. Love saving a bit if history.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Museum  |  1989 Raleigh BMX Series

gfxgfx
gfx gfx