gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 19, 2024, 09:56 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  OG redline flight crank spindle question
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: OG redline flight crank spindle question  (Read 1175 times)

Offline MrD

• Curb Endo
  • Old enough to know better young enough not 2 care
  • Rated:
OG redline flight crank spindle question
« on: March 12, 2019, 08:40 PM »
Hi chaps,

I am starting to build my current money pit, however I have a slight issue with my OG redline flight crank. its as if the spindle isn't long enough? - and I've read that there were 2 spindle lengths (5" & 5.25") can anyone confirm that this IS true?

Mine is a double dimple threaded variety and is 5"

Im using a NOS Tioga sealed bearing BB set and cannot get the locking nut onto the thread (As not enough thread is sticking out) - Im open to the idea that the BB set could be the issue, but it looks great!

Cheers

MrD

After 80's Hutch pedal 9/16" spindles Only . Just really need the Right but i'll happily have both :-)

Offline tfi_friday

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: OG redline flight crank spindle question
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 01:15 PM »
Hi chaps,

I am starting to build my current money pit, however I have a slight issue with my OG redline flight crank. its as if the spindle isn't long enough? - and I've read that there were 2 spindle lengths (5" & 5.25") can anyone confirm that this IS true?

Mine is a double dimple threaded variety and is 5"

Im using a NOS Tioga sealed bearing BB set and cannot get the locking nut onto the thread (As not enough thread is sticking out) - Im open to the idea that the BB set could be the issue, but it looks great!

Cheers

MrD

I had a similar issue with the Tioga sealed BB and flights. I used a loose ball BB in the end instead.

Offline MrD

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 07:24 PM »
Cheers TFI

I thought it might have been the case fistblump

Bugger
After 80's Hutch pedal 9/16" spindles Only . Just really need the Right but i'll happily have both :-)

Offline MrD

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 03:58 PM »
So what are people using these days as a BB for OG flights?

Cant find anything Old school and need to get this thing built :)

Anyone got one they wanna part with - for spending tokens obviously fistblump

Cheers

MrD

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  OG redline flight crank spindle question

gfxgfx
gfx gfx