gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975526 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 20, 2024, 09:51 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Removing anno from rims
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Removing anno from rims  (Read 1048 times)

Offline nitrohopper

• Site Supporter
  • Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Removing anno from rims
« on: March 15, 2019, 09:46 PM »
Hi lads i have been told that to strip anno off of rims all I need is some oven pride and a big bucket can anyone elaborate on how long I should leave in and so on and so forth,these are an old set of 7b with quite a few stuffs and marks and I would like to polish them but the we have to remove anno

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

build what u want if u like it then thats all that matters

Offline MrD

• Curb Endo
  • Old enough to know better young enough not 2 care
  • Rated:
Re: Removing anno from rims
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 10:18 PM »
If I remember correctly it's pretty instant, maybe oven cleaner applied via a soft brush a few times will do the trick - wear gloves though (and probably protect the eyes)
After 80's Hutch pedal 9/16" spindles Only . Just really need the Right but i'll happily have both :-)

Offline chrisv39

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 10:23 PM »
I tip a bit of the oven pride in a small container and just brush it on a bit at a time with a paint brush leave for about a minute then rinse off in the kitchen sink with cold water. You should be able to see the anno coming off. Don’t leave it on too long or it eats into the alloy. And yeah wear gloves and long sleeves and it’s not a bad idea to protect your eyes too.

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 10:41 PM »
Starts to come off within seconds👍

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Removing anno from rims

gfxgfx
gfx gfx