gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975497 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 02:05 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Chroming bars help
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Chroming bars help  (Read 1788 times)

Offline blackiepaul

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Chroming bars help
« on: March 29, 2019, 10:01 AM »
Not sure where to post this.....

What sort of cost is involved in Chroming a set of bars and any recommendations in the Birmingham area

Thank you

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
Re: Chroming bars help
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 10:34 AM »
Not sure where to post this.....

What sort of cost is involved in Chroming a set of bars and any recommendations in the Birmingham area

Thank you

Depends on the chromer, and also the style & condition of the bars before you start. It's the prep/polishing that takes up a lot of time and effort, not so much the actual chroming process. About £50-£100 for a set of bars. ACF Howell are in Walsall - I've used them a few times. Ask for Mark (I think).

I take all my stuff to Leigh Metal Polishers, Swinton, Manchester. Carl In2bmx uses them too. I have used others, but Leigh Metal Polishers are always my first choice. I was there yesterday!  - ask for John :daumenhoch:

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 10:47 AM »
Not sure on price but I've also used ACF Howell and their very good. Think the chap was Graham Garrett but I'm sh1t with names so it could be something completely different 

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 11:14 AM »
Paul

I use Allen Chrome in Pocklington. York. They will take stuff by post and post out. E-mail Dave Allen and ask for a quote. Last set he did for me was a couple of years ago and were £55 a set plus post but as already mentioned it depends on what work is needed. Their work is spot on.
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 11:36 AM »
Paul

I use Allen Chrome in Pocklington. York. They will take stuff by post and post out. E-mail Dave Allen and ask for a quote. Last set he did for me was a couple of years ago and were £55 a set plus post but as already mentioned it depends on what work is needed. Their work is spot on.

I agree Nick. They did my VDC Changa and their work was amazing. Dave at Allen Chrome is a lovely bloke too. Leigh Metal Polishers prep all the parts, but don't actually chrome them themselves - Allen Chrome actually do some of their parts, so Allen Chrome have probably done a few of mine without me knowing. The finish on my Hutch Pro Racer was particularly good - Retrodan can vouch for it, as he currently owns it

Offline blackiepaul

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 12:08 PM »
thanks for this all, that's really helpful

Offline Avro

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 10:32 AM »
Chromfix in Birmingham, I have used them several times now and the results have been excellent.
Wanted: Shimano Aero frame
Wanted: Tange Axeblade frame

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Chroming bars help

gfxgfx
gfx gfx