gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 11:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Help required with (Pushed in) Skyway Alloy Hubs
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Help required with (Pushed in) Skyway Alloy Hubs  (Read 1745 times)

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Help required with (Pushed in) Skyway Alloy Hubs
« on: March 31, 2019, 09:07 AM »

I've been searching & looking through the stickies as I'm sure there used to be a guide showing how to (push out ) alloy hubbed tuffs that have been (pushed in) ...... ??? ??? ???

Anybody know where the guide is ? Or what the best method of doing this would ?

Thaks  :daumenhoch: :Great_Britain:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Re: Help required with (Pushed in) Skyway Alloy Hubs
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 10:12 AM »
I'm sure it was Steve Animal who had the rig. It was based on a bearing puller but I haven't seen the thread for years

If there is a way you could fiddle a nut onto a piece of threaded bar between the alloy plates you could tighten a bearing puller onto the outside and use it to push the bar through against the other plate

I'm sure that's how it worked but I have slept, drunk a lot and fell off my bike quite a few times since I read it last or attempted to fix a pair myself....... :2funny:
Still limping......

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 02:09 PM »
I'm sure it was Steve Animal who had the rig. It was based on a bearing puller but I haven't seen the thread for years

If there is a way you could fiddle a nut onto a piece of threaded bar between the alloy plates you could tighten a bearing puller onto the outside and use it to push the bar through against the other plate

I'm sure that's how it worked but I have slept, drunk a lot and fell off my bike quite a few times since I read it last or attempted to fix a pair myself....... :2funny:

Mate i think it was something similar to your description however i too have done all of the above & its bloody frustrating how it affects the brain  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 03:11 PM »
All you need is a piece of 8mm aluminium bar . Then using a hammer from inside tap  the hubs back out . Once done fit wheel in frame a and tap hub inside to remove any buckles in wheel . The plastic never buckles it's always the hubs are slightly bent . Freezer my arse  explosion :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Help required with (Pushed in) Skyway Alloy Hubs

gfxgfx
gfx gfx