gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 10:41 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Jesse Puente '92 mongoose hooligan rider rep
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Jesse Puente '92 mongoose hooligan rider rep  (Read 4371 times)

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Jesse Puente '92 mongoose hooligan rider rep
« on: April 01, 2019, 09:16 PM »
have been slowly collecting parts for this build
please excuse the crappy pic -can't find my  bmx plus from'92 with how to of Jesse riding.This was the only one I could find

picked the frame up off ebay for the bargin price of £12 !!!!!It's a mongoose villan  -not a hooligan,gave a trying to get one for a reasonable price.
Not 100% accurate but colse enough for now

front end-gt forks ,acs 55 stem with g-sport ringpiece the only thing I've found that keeps a threaded headset tight

rear end weinmann 750 rcentre pull caliper works pretty close to a 990

All parts are survivor except the CD+grips which are NOS
F+F mongoose villain /fork GT -not sure of the forks on Jesse's bike
Steering:haro kneesavers/acs 55 slant stem/g-sport ringpiece /a'me tris -not sure of type Jesse was using
Drivetrain:oddy 1pc crank/wellgo pedals/oddy CD
Wheels:dug out my old araya 7x rims with twisted spokes/mongoose DMC tyres  -Jesse was riding with double twisted 48h peregrines ,This is the main part Ineed to update
Braking:front ,dia compe nippon/rear weinmann 750 centre pull /tech 77 levers with locking buttons
Seating GT seat with nose cut off/generic seatpost/mongoose triple bolt clamp
Misc:pegs front GT tube rides (only ones I could get to fit with the dropouts on the forks,rear  my old yarstix pegs.

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Jesse Puente '92 mongoose hooligan rider rep
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 10:13 PM »
Nice clean build fella  :daumenhoch: Loving those twisted spoke araya's  :4_17_5:  did you lace them up? are they hard to do?

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 11:25 PM »
Cheers for the comment mate  :daumenhoch:
Yeah built them myself years ago ,have always liked the look of them.Use to ride with them but the chrome is flaking pretty badly now.
I'd say there easy enough to build if you have built wheels before.What I did was lace them up in a normal  4x pattern but left the spokes loose,then just twisted the spokes over so each pair of spokes go into the opposite holes.Then just tension up as normal.Hope this helps  8)

Offline SH101

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 11:55 AM »
Nice build ... just a word about twisted spokes though . I bought a pair of Super Pro wheels that were built up twist laced back in the 90s, unfortunately the extra tension on the spoke on the rear wheel pulled it through the hub after some moderate riding . Twist lace looks pretty cool  but I wouldn`t have them again . If it`s just for show , fine though  ;)
Looking for Blue and Lavender metal hubbed orphan rear Tuff 2s ... help !

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 09:48 PM »
Thanks for the comments mate,have always liked the look of them -not everybody does though.
had my set for over 20 years now not had any issues - only used them for flat riding though.only problem I had was when one of the spokes snapped wheel was a bit out of shape trying to ride back with it  ;D

Offline skidmark

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 08:25 AM »
Cool build!  :daumenhoch:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 01:27 PM »
ditto what Sen said yo  fistblump
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Jesse Puente '92 mongoose hooligan rider rep

gfxgfx
gfx gfx