gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 19, 2024, 11:16 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Chroming recommendations.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Chroming recommendations.  (Read 1634 times)

Offline bruggers100

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Chroming recommendations.
« on: April 23, 2019, 09:19 PM »
Hi, I will be getting a new set of forks for my Curtis Freestyler.  They will be sent in their raw state to me as I want to get them chromed.  I’ve seen Allen Chrome recommended on here for years so I’ll contact them to get a price, however, I’m down South in Sussex so was wondering if anyone had used someone down this way for chroming.  I’ve not got anything chromed before so I’m a bit clueless about what sort of prep if any is required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Chroming recommendations.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 11:10 PM »
just make sure you use somewhere that knows the score with old BMX stuff so as not to polish out the braising. i use my mate in Wembly colonnademetal.com  :daumenhoch:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline bruggers100

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 07:29 AM »
just make sure you use somewhere that knows the score with old BMX stuff so as not to polish out the braising. i use my mate in Wembly colonnademetal.com  :daumenhoch:

Thanks, that’s exactly what I’m looking for,  someone that has done old bmx stuff, hence me looking at Allenchrome.  Do you post stuff up to your mate or do you go up there?  I’m up in Croydon most Friday nights and Sundays, Wembley’s a bit too far to drive to though. 

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 10:13 PM »

Thanks, that’s exactly what I’m looking for,  someone that has done old bmx stuff, hence me looking at Allenchrome.  Do you post stuff up to your mate or do you go up there?  I’m up in Croydon most Friday nights and Sundays, Wembley’s a bit too far to drive to though. 

He usually picks it up but you can post to him no worries  :daumenhoch:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Chroming recommendations.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx