gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975499 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 06:08 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Site Supporter Subscriptions  |  Subscription Cancellation
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Subscription Cancellation  (Read 3799 times)

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Subscription Cancellation
« on: May 06, 2019, 09:24 AM »
I’ve had an email to say that my SST is up for renewal, and a link to the subscription set up page on my profile. On there, there’s a little box where you can tick, should you wish to set up the auto renewal facility. I have unticked the box, as I don’t wish to use the auto renewal, but if I close the page then go back to it, the tick box has got a tick back in it, basically overriding my choice not to auto renew.

This can’t be right, surely?    ???

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline hotdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Subscription Cancellation
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 11:25 AM »
Did a similar thing with me except I never went back to check it and a year later it automatically took the subscription fee out of my PP account.

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 11:30 AM »
Did a similar thing with me except I never went back to check it and a year later it automatically took the subscription fee out of my PP account.

Hopefully one of the Radmins can look into this for us Tim.

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 11:57 PM »
Any further with resolving this guys?

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 07:30 AM »
I think you need to cancel the recurring payment through your paypal account. Find the payment from last year, then click the manage payments tab. It will then give you an option to cancel your payment. I believe this has to be done via the paypal website, not the app. I’ll ask the tech radmins to see if we can shed any more light on the tick box within your rad profile  8)

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2019, 08:37 AM »
I think you need to cancel the recurring payment through your paypal account. Find the payment from last year, then click the manage payments tab. It will then give you an option to cancel your payment. I believe this has to be done via the paypal website, not the app. I’ll ask the tech radmins to see if we can shed any more light on the tick box within your rad profile  8)

Cheers Andy mate.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2019, 08:44 AM »
The plot thickens.

Although you said that you couldn’t cancel the recurring subscription via the app, only the PayPal website, I still thought that I’d have a look, just in case.

It’s seems that for the last 3 years, I’ve paid my subscription on the 19th May, then 5 days later, paid it again, for whatever reason??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hotdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2019, 09:30 AM »
Bloody 'ell !
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 09:31 AM by hotdog »

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2019, 09:02 AM »
I’ve just been on to my laptop and looked at my account.

It appears that for whatever reason, a payment of £50 was made by me on 19/5/14, so basically paying for my SST for the next 5 years. I don’t know why this has happened, I’m assuming it’s a mistake or oversight on my part. Then a standing order of £10 was set up 5 days later, again probably my mistake.

So basically I’ve paid £90 for £50 worth of SST.

I’m not concerned about the money, it’s gone and I didn’t notice it and let’s be honest, it’s gone to a good cause (the D&D) and I’ve had a good time on it. My worry is that, this could have been happening with lots of members like myself, and nobody at RADBMX has picked up on it.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Site Supporter Subscriptions  |  Subscription Cancellation

gfxgfx
gfx gfx