gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX April 18, 2024, 06:45 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  Newbie with an Ares Ashura gathering dust
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Newbie with an Ares Ashura gathering dust  (Read 2845 times)

Offline LEAKY69

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Newbie with an Ares Ashura gathering dust
« on: June 05, 2019, 08:24 PM »
Hello, i'm an ex BMX  rider early 80s that now has an Ares Ashura sat not being used and i'm trying to find a bit of advice on where to sell it and its value etc and also try make sure it goes to someone who appreciates it, i used ride back in the 80s and started off with a Black and Gold Ultras Burner (snapped the bars within a week) and like most kids swapped parts constantly, had a Torka at one point a Robinson frame and finished up on a stunning 95% all white Haro Freestyle Sport  before giving it up in the late 80s, i now ride MTB,
So i know a bit about bikes but a few years ago ended up buying an Ares Ashura from ebay not really knowing too much about them and i don't think the guy selling it did either as i bought it at a bargain price and it can only have been rode a couple of times (it still had all the little rubber strands that you get poking out on new tyres)
it has a Suntour Static Free coaster and Haro Knee savers and apart from those i have never heard of any of the other parts, it was searching the Static Free coaster that made me come across this site, as it popped up that someone was wanting one,
Anyway that's how i came to be here if there's anyone who might be interested or can give me some pointers of what it might be worth i would be very grateful, it looks a lovely bike and i have never seen one in the UK before so it might be a bit of a rare collectors item or it might be a load of rubbish. below is a link to a post i put in the BMX museum a few years ago when i first bought it, the 2004 year was a guess.
thanks Andrew

https://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/ares_bykes/64425
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 08:27 PM by LEAKY69 »

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Newbie with an Ares Ashura gathering dust
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 04:00 PM »
 :welcome to  :radbmxsmilie:  :daumenhoch:

Sorry I don't have any info on the Ares Ashura  :(

Offline LEAKY69

• Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 07:57 PM »
cheers for the welcome, no it seems a bit of a mystery theres a few in the BMX museum https://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/ares_bykes/'model=270 but seem to be 2000 or 2001 i have never seen one on these shores but been out of the scene for many years, i was just discussing it with a friend today and we both agreed our BMX years were probably the best of our lives, i have been looking through the bike of the month thread and some of those machines are just stunning, i was tempted to get an SE cruiser a few year ago but ended up going for a mountain bike.

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 12:32 PM »
I think the new SE 26" OM flyers are cool for cruising around on  :daumenhoch:

Offline VOIVOD

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 11:50 PM »
 :) Ares were and are a Japanese company started by York Uno who isn`t a bad flatland rider.I don`t think they have a UK distributor at the moment (I think Ison/billys used to have a fair few Ares products) but there are a few others that I know of in the UK.Certainly pretty decent products. http://aresbikes.com/
"Everything is a dildo.It just comes down to how brave you are."

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2019, 09:32 AM »
I'll take a look at that too  :daumenhoch:

:) Ares were and are a Japanese company started by York Uno who isn`t a bad flatland rider.I don`t think they have a UK distributor at the moment (I think Ison/billys used to have a fair few Ares products) but there are a few others that I know of in the UK.Certainly pretty decent products. http://aresbikes.com/

Offline LEAKY69

• Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2019, 10:41 AM »
Thanks for the info i have just found this Video that's quite interesting about the Ashura frame, he certainly knows how to ride them does York Uno, its worth a watch if you have a spare 15minutes Not a valid vimeo URL

Offline LEAKY69

• Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2019, 03:51 PM »
found a bit more info here http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php'topic=59526.0  it sounds like Ares are ridiculously expensive and there's a couple of interesting thoughts on why.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  Newbie with an Ares Ashura gathering dust

gfxgfx
gfx gfx