gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975495 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 08:32 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Three builds one bike 24" Proclass mongoose
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Three builds one bike 24" Proclass mongoose  (Read 2487 times)

Offline moza

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Three builds one bike 24" Proclass mongoose
« on: June 13, 2019, 12:31 PM »
So I bought the frame and forks in 2014 and built a rider.  I sold it as I got a lot of stick saying it's not real bmx as it's not 20". I'm suprised as I normally ignore other s and do my own thing. Last year I decided a cruiser would be beneficial due to a few health issues and decided to try and get the big goose back.  I eventually traced it and was given the opportunity to own it again. This time I decided I would add better parts and changed everything except frame, forks and bars. I used if last year and even won at MK which was a shock as it was my rider not me actual entry. Knowing it needed a repaint I set about finding a variation to black. I wanted to stay black as I felt the colour worked with components. So how about a proclass black but not over chrome.  Challenge sent to mark Ralph who in my mind cracked it. Pics show first build with 90s araya then rebuild with all new parts and then how it looks now.

I must add that a suggestion made by Chris Hurn and Warren Eales of Bmx products turned out well. Warren has allowed the bike to wear prototype decals not factory. They are made by bmx products and are a one off :smitten:

Offline moza

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Three builds one bike 24" Proclass mongoose
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 12:32 PM »
Next is the revised bike with better components

Offline moza

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 12:34 PM »
Strip, prep and repaint

Offline moza

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 12:36 PM »
Picked up from the painter

Offline moza

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 12:36 PM »
mongoose catalogue pic 1983 and decals actually made and fitted
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 12:38 PM by moza »

Offline moza

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 12:41 PM »
Back together
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 04:18 PM by moza »

Offline hotdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 02:37 PM »
Lovely.

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 04:02 PM »
Awesome build!  :4_17_5: "wantit"

Offline MrD

• Curb Endo
  • Old enough to know better young enough not 2 care
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2019, 06:09 PM »
Stunning, need a 24 to get around on these days, once mine has been shown then its a rider.

Nice work fistblump

MrD
After 80's Hutch pedal 9/16" spindles Only . Just really need the Right but i'll happily have both :-)

Offline moza

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2019, 08:24 PM »
Stunning, need a 24 to get around on these days, once mine has been shown then its a rider.

Nice work fistblump

Thanks,  I Rode mine round the lake at MK last year and had to give it a last minute deep clean. I put it in the cruiser class as they said it's too clean for a rider ;D but that's what it is, anyway it won!!!!!

MrD

Offline chrisv39

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2019, 06:25 PM »
Love this Lee, not usually a fan of cruisers but you’ve done a top job on this :daumenhoch:

Offline moza

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2019, 06:57 PM »
Love this Lee, not usually a fan of cruisers but you’ve done a top job on this :daumenhoch:

Thanks chris,  i was the same once but cruisers do have their place in bmx history.  Some top names road them one of them was the OM.  You need to ride one and will see its very good. They just feel like a roomy bmx, get to cleethorpes and mk mate.  Ive never seen you at an eventually yet. Im taking an 8 man tent to cleethorpes so there is spare space

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2019, 10:08 PM »

Thanks chris,  i was the same once but cruisers do have their place in bmx history.  Some top names road them one of them was the OM. 

Would definitely agree with this ^^^ Many of the pro riders bitd raced both 20" and cruiser and though some might not like the looks, they are certainly nice to ride, especially now we're not teenagers anymore! That said, I've never raced one, so may have to rectify that one day. :daumenhoch:

Top build btw, which got one of my votes in BOTM! Love the black finish! :4_17_5:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline moza

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2019, 10:10 PM »

Thanks chris,  i was the same once but cruisers do have their place in bmx history.  Some top names road them one of them was the OM. 

Would definitely agree with this ^^^ Many of the pro riders bitd raced both 20" and cruiser and though some might not like the looks, they are certainly nice to ride, especially now we're not teenagers anymore! That said, I've never raced one, so may have to rectify that one day. :daumenhoch:

Top build btw, which got one of my votes in BOTM! Love the black finish! :4_17_5:
[/quot

Thank you thats very Kind 🤗

Offline chrisv39

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2019, 10:48 PM »

Thanks chris,  i was the same once but cruisers do have their place in bmx history.  Some top names road them one of them was the OM.  You need to ride one and will see its very good. They just feel like a roomy bmx, get to cleethorpes and mk mate.  Ive never seen you at an eventually yet. Im taking an 8 man tent to cleethorpes so there is spare space

I’ll make an effort and get to Cleethorpes this year, I’m on holiday for MK as usual.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Three builds one bike 24" Proclass mongoose

gfxgfx
gfx gfx