gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX April 18, 2024, 03:50 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  The Birth of the BMX Freestyle Movement - Book 2
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The Birth of the BMX Freestyle Movement - Book 2  (Read 2843 times)

Offline 80s Mike

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
The Birth of the BMX Freestyle Movement - Book 2
« on: June 13, 2019, 01:37 PM »
Anyone else ordered a copy?

Have you received it?

Ordered mine last Tuesday and was wondering roughly how long it'll take to arrive. Looks really good, I can't wait to get my hands on it!  :)

griff

Re: The Birth of the BMX Freestyle Movement - Book 2
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 09:28 PM »
Does that mean everyone’s received their stuff from the last edition then?

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 10:55 PM »

:LolLolLolLol:
No

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 08:32 PM »

:LolLolLolLol:
No

Me either , will never support that scam artist again ...

Offline 80s Mike

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 03:02 PM »
Not sure I like the sound of that!  :(

I knew there had been problems with the special Book 1 packs that included extras, but I didn't know if that extended to just the book.

I am told a supply are on their way to the UK, so hopefully it'll turn up soon.

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 05:40 PM »
Its a shame but yeah, it put me off the idea of getting anything from him  :-\
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 10:08 PM »
I must have missed this - what happened??
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline McQUEEN

• Look Back
  • I left it in the garden......
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2019, 06:28 AM »
I chased mine and had this message through FB this morning....
When I was born, the world was a far simpler place.
It was all just cops and robbers.
And BMX.

Offline 80s Mike

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2019, 01:44 PM »
I'd be happy with 7-10 days!  :)

Will chase my order up today.

Offline 80s Mike

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2019, 04:45 PM »
Well the good news is that the books have reached the UK. The bad news is that I haven't received mine yet! :(

The guys at Dead Sailor in Cornwall now have them in stock. Wish I'd thought to check that a UK dealer would be stocking them.  "nono"

I messaged Dom and am assured mine should arrive imminently! (fingers crossed)

Offline 80s Mike

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2019, 03:42 PM »
It’s here. I came home on Friday to find a nice weighty parcel waiting on the kitchen table for me.  :D

I have to say it was everything I was hoping for and perhaps a bit more. The sheer amount of detail and the number and quality of pictures is amazing. I think the pictures of mid seventies riders such as Jeff Watson ripping empty swimming pools and skateparks on loop tail Redlines are worth the book price alone. Can’t wait to get to the Dirt Bros section (the reason I bought the book).

It is easily the most expensive book I have ever bought, but I’d say it's worth it. Highly recommended!

I know a few RAD members haven’t had such good experiences in dealing with Dom, but for my part I didn’t really have any trouble. I didn’t expect a quick delivery, and thought a wait of just over a month wasn’t too bad. I fired off several messages to Dom regarding the delivery and he always replied promptly.

Both Dead Sailor and Volt BMX are selling this book, so if you’d rather not order directly I’m sure they’d be able to help you out.

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2019, 06:36 AM »
was interested then saw the price and that put me off as everything old school now is just a cash in and screw as much money as possible and don`t say its had a lot of work ,yes lots of books have that aren`t bmx and there not that price , sad really that the bmx is just one big cash cow for certain people  :(
no1stuntmaster on instagram

griff

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2019, 07:08 AM »
I already have the first 2 books, so don’t really need a ‘remix’ of the first one.
The way the people who’d forked out for the special collectors’ packs were treated last time has put me off in any case.

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2019, 01:56 AM »
It’s here. I came home on Friday to find a nice weighty parcel waiting on the kitchen table for me.  :D

I have to say it was everything I was hoping for and perhaps a bit more. The sheer amount of detail and the number and quality of pictures is amazing. I think the pictures of mid seventies riders such as Jeff Watson ripping empty swimming pools and skateparks on loop tail Redlines are worth the book price alone. Can’t wait to get to the Dirt Bros section (the reason I bought the book).

It is easily the most expensive book I have ever bought, but I’d say it's worth it. Highly recommended!

I know a few RAD members haven’t had such good experiences in dealing with Dom, but for my part I didn’t really have any trouble. I didn’t expect a quick delivery, and thought a wait of just over a month wasn’t too bad. I fired off several messages to Dom regarding the delivery and he always replied promptly.

Both Dead Sailor and Volt BMX are selling this book, so if you’d rather not order directly I’m sure they’d be able to help you out.

Thanks and enjoy!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  The Birth of the BMX Freestyle Movement - Book 2

gfxgfx
gfx gfx