gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975497 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 11:49 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Anything in Devon
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anything in Devon  (Read 4629 times)

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Anything in Devon
« on: June 27, 2019, 06:41 AM »
Anyone living down in Devon  , anything happening  down that way  ?
NO  I  don't do face book  ... or twitter ...oh or my space  . You kinda get the picture  .

In2bmx

Re: Anything in Devon
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 10:52 AM »
Chubby lives down that way .  :daumenhoch:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 10:07 PM »
I like Devon! Used to go camping there quite a lot in years gone by! Surfing in and around Croyde was good too! :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline ashross77

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 12:17 AM »
Where in Devon? I am considering starting the North Devon Vintage BMX Club. I've been thinking about it for a few months. Will just be me sat on my Mongoose at my local!!!

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 12:46 AM »
I used to live in torbay  and shouldn't have left really  but hey ho . North Deven you say  , used to race at Bidiford and Barnstable  bitd
 Are those tracks still there  ?
NO  I  don't do face book  ... or twitter ...oh or my space  . You kinda get the picture  .

Offline ashross77

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 10:32 PM »
Only been here 5 years but there is a new track in Bideford and they have been set up as a formal BMX club. Not sure where the track was in Barnstaple?

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2019, 01:36 AM »
Wouldn't have a clue where the Barnstable track was  ,  last time i went to that track would've been  85 / 86

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 06:56 AM »
barnstaple track was next to the old bridge thats goes into barnstaple if coming from braunton , you turn right just before the bridge and follow it down to the end . this is the old road as they built a new road around barnstaple now .i haven`t been there since 2005 tho

no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 10:40 AM »
Someone needs to get down there and take some pics! :daumenhoch:

Actually, wasn't there a similar-ish thread on here somewhere, with Radsters checking out (what's left of) the old track at Poole??
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 09:50 PM by Mikku »
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Avro

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 11:57 AM »
I am in Bideford, a track is here with a club. I grew up in Barnstaple and have no memory what-so-ever of a track back in the day, no idea why. I have fond memories of the skateboard park with its terrifying bowls. There is also a move to build a track in Braunton, I have not followed progress on that but it seems to have a lot of grassroots support.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 12:56 PM by Avro »
Wanted: Shimano Aero frame
Wanted: Tange Axeblade frame

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2019, 06:40 AM »
I am in Bideford, a track is here with a club. I grew up in Barnstaple and have no memory what-so-ever of a track back in the day, no idea why. I have fond memories of the skateboard park with its terrifying bowls. There is also a move to build a track in Braunton, I have not followed progress on that but it seems to have a lot of grassroots support.

do you remember the three bowls at ilfracombe as they were great as well , i got pictures of me riding barnstaple track in 95 and about 2002 i think and barnstaple vert ramp in 91 , is the bike shop in barnstaple still there that was like a junk yard ?

Offline Avro

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2019, 12:09 PM »
The bike shop you are talking about is Gordys, with Gordy himself a local legend! A few years ago he had to move when the arcade he was in was redeveloped. He still has a shop of sorts, not the same two-storey house crammed with literally hundreds of bikes from floor to ceiling, a more streamlined affair.

https://www.northdevongazette.co.uk/home/your-favourite-shop-gordon-keeps-town-s-wheels-in-motion-1-2181705
https://www.flickr.com/photos/92823638@N00/5044004765
Wanted: Shimano Aero frame
Wanted: Tange Axeblade frame

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2019, 06:46 AM »
The bike shop you are talking about is Gordys, with Gordy himself a local legend! A few years ago he had to move when the arcade he was in was redeveloped. He still has a shop of sorts, not the same two-storey house crammed with literally hundreds of bikes from floor to ceiling, a more streamlined affair.

https://www.northdevongazette.co.uk/home/your-favourite-shop-gordon-keeps-town-s-wheels-in-motion-1-2181705

i always wondered if he had any old school gems as i remember he had a gold burner ,but this was in the days when burners weren`t worth anything

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2019, 09:52 AM »
Did anyone on here  go to the skate park at the ymca in Paignton  , or the track in Newton Abbot  ?

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2019, 09:18 AM »
Still no one here from south devon  ?  :chin:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2019, 11:19 AM »
You moved back to the UK now Steve or still in Perth?

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2019, 07:46 AM »
You moved back to the UK now Steve or still in Perth?

Still in Shoalwater  Perth  mate.  Maybe going back next august though

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2019, 05:37 AM »
Will have a look around soon . Flying back on the 6th oct for a couple of weeks

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2019, 01:12 PM »
Will have a look around soon . Flying back on the 6th oct for a couple of weeks

I'll going back for a couple of weeks in November too  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline ashross77

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2019, 10:44 PM »

i always wondered if he had any old school gems as i remember he had a gold burner ,but this was in the days when burners weren`t worth anything

I went to see him a few weeks ago. He said he has some stuff but it is at the back of his store room. He really didn't want to dig anything out. There is a really nice chap in Tiverton, Ron Howe, who also said he has a load of original stuff but he won't sell online. I think he said his son was European champion and raced for Mongoose. I talked to Ron for about an hour, lovely bloke and he said he would dig out some Haro pads for me to buy but I haven't had a chance to go back since.

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2019, 10:15 AM »
I'm in Torbay  at the moment and not had any chance to look around the place for old haunts . While traveling around not seen any bmx shops ect . Been raining for a week as well . Friday is free so hopefully I'll jump in a car and do a quick tour of the place . Did notice a new track in Paignton close to the sea front  . Hopefully the old skate park is still going by the old ymca ......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Anything in Devon

gfxgfx
gfx gfx