gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 26, 2024, 11:14 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  BMX Podcasts
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BMX Podcasts  (Read 1853 times)

Offline 80s Mike

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
BMX Podcasts
« on: July 02, 2019, 01:17 PM »
Anyone else a fan of BMX podcasts?

There are some great BMX podcasts available to download at the moment. It’s rare that I listen to the radio these days. 

I’m listening to the following at the moment

The Space Brothers Podcast
My favourite podcast. Hosted by Chip Riggs and Kip Williamson. These guys are regularly turning out some great interviews with riders such as: Chase Gouin, Tim ‘Fuzzy’ Hall, John Buultjens, Joe Johnson, Steve Crandall, Mark Eaton, Eddie Fiola, Dave Voelker and Pete Augustin, plus many more. If you only listen to one podcast make it this one.

The BMX In Our Blood Podcast
Perhaps not as slick as the Space Brothers, and with more focus on mid/new school riders. Tend to be quite long podcasts, but worth a listen. Interviews with The Fids, Jimmy Levan, Van Homan, Brian Foster, Garrett Byrnes, Robbie Morales. The Fids episode is a definite highlight.

High-Low
Hosted by Dale Holmes. More race based than the others. Interviews with Tim March, Greg Hill, Alan Woods, Chris Moeller, Mike Miranda and Eric Carter, plus Simon Tabron and Mike Pardon.

The Dig BMX/Snakebite Podcast
Not as much output as the previous podcasts but well worth a listen when a new episode is released. Highlights include interviews with: Lee Reynolds, Brian Blyther, Ron Wilkerson, Keith Treanor, and Mike ‘Rooftop’ Escamilla.

Am I missing any good ones, does anyone have any recommendations?

Q: Which rider, past or present would you most like to hear an interview with?

Mine would be Nick Phillip, such a massive influence on the UK scene. Would be interesting to hear his recollections of the era.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
Re: BMX Podcasts
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 04:52 AM »
Have listened to a few of the Dale Holmes ones but would love to hear an Andy Ruffell interview! :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline egg

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 09:50 AM »
I listen to loads at night to get me to sleep.
Check out these.

Unclicked
the Rollback
PALAVER
The Rick Thorne show
Snakebite BMX

the space brothers is by far the best. the BMX in our blood could be half the time if that whiny presenter shut up and stopped going uh uh all the time.

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 10:15 PM »
The Dale Holmes ones are great, especially the ones featuring old school riders. I’m listening to the Alan Woods one right now! Great stuff  :4_17_5:

Offline Drawn

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 09:06 AM »
Coffee Chatter.
Is done by Tory Nyhaug and James Palmer. They talk to a different racer each time.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 02:06 PM »
Coffee Chatter.
Is done by Tory Nyhaug and James Palmer. They talk to a different racer each time.

May have to give that a whirl! :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  BMX Podcasts

gfxgfx
gfx gfx