gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 11:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  MK 19 Question
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MK 19 Question  (Read 2697 times)

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
MK 19 Question
« on: August 11, 2019, 09:04 PM »
Just a quick question,do you think that Bob Haro,Harry leary etc like the selfies that have been clicked at MK?

i've just been on this subject with my boss,his cousin owns a few bars in Benidorm and is a sponsor for Castleford Tigers rugby team and whenever he comes home to Castleford he get's adults  asking for selfies.

it might be just me but  I  find it weird  asking for a selfie with another adult no matter how famous they are

priv

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: MK 19 Question
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 09:09 AM »
Its their job

They’re paid to do it
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 09:51 AM »
Would that be the Yorkshire Pride in Benidorm?

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 02:49 PM »
Would that be the Yorkshire Pride in Benidorm?

yes mate

Offline bob1984bmx

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 01:02 PM »
Depends where its at, like if i saw J Depp in a cafe enjoying lunch i wouldnt stop him for a selfie, if he was just chillin then id say hello and say i like his work as i walked past, but if he was at a premiere and meeting fans for an hour then why not. But then im not a selfie whore who plasters everything over Social medai.

Some loosers/stalkers go mad if they dont get a selfie and spend the rest of their lives slagging the celeb off  :idiot2:

I guess Bob was happy to take selfies with people, he must have known he was gona get asked and he always loved promoting BMX and meeting people, esp if he got to ride while doing it, im sure he had a blast until you all got drunk and asked for dick pics, then again he might have liked that too!  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline dennyking

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 02:53 PM »
I know for a fact that at least Bob doesn't mind at all as at this year's MK it was him that suggested we get one together! That blows my mind just thinking about it  :D

Offline bob1984bmx

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 09:57 PM »
Growing up i only knew about Bob Haro, i remember seeing a 1984 Sport in a shop window :smitten: I stared at that bike for 2 hrs every Sat morning, for 8 weeks until it sold. In my mind i stripped it down and rebuilt my dream bike. I remember thinking whats a Mike (microphone) Dominguez? im puttin Bobs name on there in blue chrome instead and so 30 yrs and a bit later i did just that  :slayer:

Offline burnerboy

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2019, 10:01 AM »
I heard a whisper that Benno asked Bob to adopt him!!

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2019, 10:17 AM »
Bob knows what his in for when visiting these events, he loves it though. Such a humble bloke he is  :daumenhoch:

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2019, 05:45 PM »
never done the selfies thing as they might be childhood heros but there just old men now , i rather see if they can still ride than get my picture taken with them
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline bob1984bmx

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2019, 02:33 PM »
Ive never had a selfie with anyone famous, i had a "famous yutuber" guy ask me if i wanted a selfie with him and i said no thanks :2funny:

Id rather have a pic of Bob riding my bike than with me, i havent even riden it myself yet though so he can wait haha! And hes def not scribblin on it, although to be fair he is good at drawing!  ;D

Offline fattaffracingco

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2020, 12:18 AM »
i met bob h last year at mk19 he was the nicest bloke ever , my daughter told him on the fri nite he was my schoolkid hero and he came up to me and shook my hand , i gushed like a skoolkid , my daughter thought it was hilarious, so much time for everyone, we had selfies ,ok we bought a bit of gear , but he signed stuff etc i took there etc
i know he knows wot he s letting himself in for but he must get a bit fed up ??? he seemed genuinely happy to meet n greet , he must be into it as much as us ????
wots the deal then ???? does radbmx pay his air fare ???? are the tshirts a sweetner , bit of spending cash ???? he cant be short ? he must have done very well when he sold company in late eighties surely ???
they say u shud never meet ur childhood hero !!! fook that !!! bob haro was awesome
keep it on the blackstuff baby, aww fook it

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2020, 08:05 PM »
Me and my son met him at MK17 I think, might have been MK16? He was off his rocker but really sound, didn't mind have a photo taken with us. We were riding the ramps and he came over for a chat with Radii Rob, Ed and a few of us riding. Sent the pic immediately to my brother in Oz and he was even more fooking gutted that he wasn't there  :2funny:
Still limping......

Offline fattaffracingco

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2020, 07:05 PM »
from what i read on here , you have something of a reputation when it comes to ramps ???? :D just saying
wots the deal , do radbmx pay for his flight ?????
keep it on the blackstuff baby, aww fook it

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2020, 08:54 PM »
Haha yep, I am rubbish at not using my face as a brake on ramps :LolLolLolLol:
Still limping......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  MK 19 Question

gfxgfx