gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975499 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 07:42 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  My name is Mick and I’m a BMX Nerd!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My name is Mick and I’m a BMX Nerd!  (Read 2415 times)

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
My name is Mick and I’m a BMX Nerd!
« on: December 03, 2019, 09:23 AM »
I’m guessing most of us are to some degree or another otherwise you wouldn’t be here. :daumenhoch: But what really brought this home to me was last Sunday when I was racing (aka fannying around at the back of the pack) down in Osaka. There were 15 riders in my class (over 30s mixed), so we were divided into 2 heats, with me in the second one. At the holding area, where I should be focussing on my race strategy, thinking how I should tackle such and such a jump or just pumping myself up for action, what do I do? I check out all the other bikes! & on this occasion, there were 14 of them to drool over! :idiot2: I love looking at all the different frames (including the design features and even the welds), the different crank and brake set-ups, the wheelsets (especially the hubs) and tyres, and even the bloody seats. The seats for God’s sake!! I sometimes ask questions too, in my best, broken Japanese! I love the racing but tbh, get just as much of a buzz being up close and personal with all that exotic alloy, chromoly and carbon fibre. That’s it, it’s out there now. I’m a nerd! Thanks for listening. :D
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Smidsy

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: My name is Mick and I’m a BMX Nerd!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 09:31 AM »
Officiando sounds better...we are all Officianados  "wantit"

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 11:04 AM »
Nothing wrong in that Mick  :daumenhoch: Living the Dream fella!  ;) :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 08:51 PM »

Some I’m sure are connoisseurs  :bow:
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 09:17 PM »

Some I’m sure are connoisseurs  :bow:

They both sound better than nerd! Thanks for the support gents! Knew I could count on you! :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  My name is Mick and I’m a BMX Nerd!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx