gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975525 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 19, 2024, 03:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Treating vintage tyres any tips?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Treating vintage tyres any tips?  (Read 2126 times)

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
Treating vintage tyres any tips?
« on: December 14, 2019, 10:49 AM »
I have been treating my old tyres with Autoglym tyre dressing monthly In a bid to protect them from perishing.
 Is this a good idea? Any other tips for me.

Thanks, Steve.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 09:18 PM by SDF »
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline hotdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Treating vintage tyres any tips?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 12:07 PM »
I use coconut oil on the skinwalls of all my tyres. Hasn't let me down yet. Storing them in the garage where it's cool and not too dry an atmosphere works for me too.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 01:08 PM »
I use coconut oil on the skinwalls of all my tyres. Hasn't let me down yet. Storing them in the garage where it's cool and not too dry an atmosphere works for me too.

Sound. I will get some coconut oil. My  bike lock up is cool and not too dry, so I'm on the right track with that then  :)
Many thanks,

Steve.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 01:11 PM by SDF »
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 01:49 PM »

Sound. I will get some coconut oil. My  bike lock up is cool and not too dry, so I'm on the right track with that then  :)
Many thanks,

Steve.
Coconut oil purchased, will it be ok on the sidewalls of these ST’S..

Offline hotdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 03:56 PM »
I don't see why not. I've used it on Comp lll Rainbow labels,Panaracer freestyle tyres & GT Freestyle tyres... all skinwalls.
Just take  a bit of the solidified oil out of the jar and melt it between you fingers and then gently apply it to the sides of your tyres. Then just leave it to soak in.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 04:08 PM »
I don't see why not. I've used it on Comp lll Rainbow labels,Panaracer freestyle tyres & GT Freestyle tyres... all skinwalls.
Just take  a bit of the solidified oil out of the jar and melt it between you fingers and then gently apply it to the sides of your tyres. Then just leave it to soak in.
Many thanks hotdog, I’m on the case this weekend.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 07:04 PM »
Many thanks hotdog, I’m on the case this weekend.
Worked  perfect,  sidewalls are as supple as new. 😃Many thanks.

Steve.

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2020, 03:51 PM »
And they smell nice too!  :D :daumenhoch

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2020, 06:10 PM »
And they smell nice too!  :D :daumenhoch
Ha👊🏻Wondered what the lovely smell was coming from.  Got to finish the other tyres the weekend, my lockup will be smelling fresh👍

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Treating vintage tyres any tips?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx