gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975534 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 12:13 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  TEAM MURRAY PROJECT.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: TEAM MURRAY PROJECT.  (Read 1887 times)

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
TEAM MURRAY PROJECT.
« on: January 11, 2020, 11:47 AM »
Team Murray  explosion
A Team Murray was my first BMX purchased from Halfords in 1979/80. I've been messing with old BMX'S now for thirteen years, but never added one of these to my collection. The bike was purchased minus the wheels. I managed to bag some Tuff ones and they landed yesterday. Not 100 sure on the plans for this build, fifty fifty on changing the frame colour, but who knows what will happen...

SDF.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 05:54 PM by SDF »
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Jon1971

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: TEAM MURRAY PROJECT.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 12:10 PM »
That's going to be crackin. Love a Murray. First bmx I ever seen was a Murray back in 1980 here in n.ireland. My mate had one. Blue and chrome . Keep us all posted. Would like to see this built up.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 06:14 PM »
That's going to be crackin. Love a Murray. First bmx I ever seen was a Murray back in 1980 here in n.ireland. My mate had one. Blue and chrome . Keep us all posted. Would like to see this built up.
Cheers Jon, I always wanted the blue and chrome with yellow mags, but it was a bit out of my parents budget😃I will post the progress.  Steve.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 10:09 AM »
Always have a soft spot for a Team Murray  :smitten:

They were one of the first brands available on our shores in the early days of BMX in the UK  8)

Looking forward to seeing this project's progress

Although the Tuff 1's are era correct , Id say they are a  tad ' upmarket ' for a Murray . I think a pair of Lester mags would be far better suited   :daumenhoch: as they were supplied on the bikes at the time

8)

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 01:18 PM »
Always have a soft spot for a Team Murray  :smitten:

They were one of the first brands available on our shores in the early days of BMX in the UK  8)

Looking forward to seeing this project's progress

Although the Tuff 1's are era correct , Id say they are a  tad ' upmarket ' for a Murray . I think a pair of Lester mags would be far better suited   :daumenhoch: as they were supplied on the bikes at the time

8)

I remember my red one, after a year of use, I got some paint stripper on it as it was chrome underneath, added red Lester mags from Two Wheels in Stourbridge, and thought it looked the dogs. The tuffs were a good price, so I thought I’d spoil the Murray😃 I’ll post my next stage early Feb. Steve.

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 05:16 PM »
I remember seeing a few about round my way mainly in the Blue/Yellow guise.

Were they better than the Red/Yellow & Blue/Yellow MK1 Burners of the time.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 07:00 PM »
I remember seeing a few about round my way mainly in the Blue/Yellow guise.

Were they better than the Red/Yellow & Blue/Yellow MK1 Burners of the time.
not sure to be honest, but after the Murrays my local Halfords stocked Burners, and a saved my paper round money and purchased a Tuff Burner. They both did the job as a eleven year old, but when freestyle kicked in they were hopeless😃

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  TEAM MURRAY PROJECT.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx