gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975502 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 03:53 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  TEAM MURRAY BUILD.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: TEAM MURRAY BUILD.  (Read 4394 times)

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
TEAM MURRAY BUILD.
« on: February 01, 2020, 04:15 PM »
Made a bit of progress. Purchased a few items in Jan.

•   Vintage lever covers.
•   New old stock Weco pedals.
•   Landar  seat clamp.
•   Copy red Tuff pads.
•   82 Diacompe  dog leg lever.

Yellow new old stock  Team Murray pad set  and late seventies/early 80's plate and  numbers are in transit. Leaning towards a gloss transparent Candy Apple Red on the frame  the forks will stay black, and the chain guard  is 100% original so that's staying as it is. No spend in Feb, so March will be my next bit of progress.

SDF.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 07:21 PM by SDF »
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
Re: TEAM MURRAY BUILD.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 07:34 PM »
[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

•   Landar  seat clamp.
•   Copy red Tuff pads.

Yellow new old stock  Team Murray pad set  and late seventies/early 80's plate and  numbers are in transit. Leaning towards a gloss transparent Candy Apple Red on the frame  the forks will stay black, and the chain guard  is 100% original so that's staying as it is. No spend in Feb, so March will be my next bit of progress.

SDF.
A few more parts added to th build, pads and fluted seat post👊🏻
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 07:46 PM by SDF »
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 09:56 AM »
Nice collection of parts  :)

What year is it 79/80?

In2bmx

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 10:45 AM »
Nice part of BMX history . Propa old school  :daumenhoch:

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 10:47 AM »
Love the look of box bars but never got on with the size when riding bitd lol keep the build coming  :daumenhoch:

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 04:50 AM »
Nice collection of parts  :)

What year is it 79/80?
Thanks, I’ve been told  it’s   A 1980. A Team Murray was my first BMX, so I’m enjoying this little project.

Steve.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 04:52 AM »
Nice part of BMX history . Propa old school  :daumenhoch:
Tanks, Enjoying this little project. Just bagged another one in blue and chrome😀

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 04:56 AM »
Love the look of box bars but never got on with the size when riding bitd lol keep the build coming  :daumenhoch:
Will do, just bought another in blue and chrome, so I will add that and the build progress up as well  .

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2020, 05:46 PM »
Will do, just bought another in blue and chrome, so I will add that and the build progress up as well  .
I must be mad.. another one  landed, plus some lovely Acorn ones fistblump
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 01:38 PM by SDF »

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2020, 01:20 PM »

•   Landar  seat clamp.
•   Copy red Tuff pads.

SDF.
P

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2020, 01:42 PM »
I must be mad.. another one  landed, plus some lovely Acorn ones fistblump
Parts lined up for the Murrays. Blue frame is staying Original finish, the other is going a candy colour💥💥
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 01:43 PM by SDF »

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2020, 07:09 PM »

•   Landar  seat clamp.
•   Copy red Tuff pads.

SDF.
[Nearly finished now, think. Might stick it in the September build of the month.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 07:28 PM by SDF »

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2020, 05:06 PM »

•   Landar  seat clamp.
•   Copy red Tuff pads.

SDF.
99 percent complete. Just got the rethread the rear acorn nuts.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 05:18 PM by SDF »

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2020, 11:38 PM »

•   Landar  seat clamp.
•   Copy red Tuff pads.

SDF.

So cool mate.   8)

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2020, 07:09 AM »

•   Landar  seat clamp.
•   Copy red Tuff pads.

SDF.

So cool mate.   8)
Many thanks Dan.   

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2020, 04:04 PM »
Looks cool, not sure on that plate though?  oval one maybe?

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2020, 05:38 PM »
Good stuff mate  :daumenhoch:
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2020, 06:45 PM »
Cheers, I built it similar to mine as a ten / eleven year old, so it not perfect. Dan did the paint, and I absolutely love it. kinda sacrilege to Put the dodgy 1980 prismatic stickers, but that is what I did in 81. Just wished I had Tuff ones on my Murray as a kid, mine  had ten ton red mags.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2020, 06:49 PM »
Cheers, I built it similar to mine as a ten / eleven year old, so it not perfect. Dan did the paint, and I absolutely love it. kinda sacrilege to Put the dodgy 1980 prismatic stickers, but that is what I did in 81. Just wished I had Tuff ones on my Murray as a kid, mine  had ten ton red mags.

Thanks. Every  Friday we all had to pull a STUNT  on our BMX,S before we raced home to watch the  FALL GUY. Had to have the tribute sticker on my plate.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2020, 06:35 PM »

Thanks. Every  Friday we all had to pull a STUNT  on our BMX,S before we raced home to watch the  FALL GUY. Had to have the tribute sticker on my plate.
our kids  survivor is finished now. Love doing these type of builds now.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 06:37 AM by SDF »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  TEAM MURRAY BUILD.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx