gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975497 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 12:49 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  boss pro freestyle full bike pics added 18/2/20
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: boss pro freestyle full bike pics added 18/2/20  (Read 16218 times)

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
boss pro freestyle full bike pics added 18/2/20
« on: February 16, 2020, 07:11 PM »
this was my first proper freestyle bike(had burners and a TA before)
bought from custom riders in '88 I think.Cost me £99.99 took ages to save up as was on a YTS scheme on £28.50 a week  :shocked:
Frame needed a lot of work to remove the rust as it had been loaned out to first my son and then my nephew to use +abuse-bloody kids don't look after stuff  :knuppel2:

had done some 'modifications 'on the bike over the years,like cutting the dropouts to make the wheelbase shorter as it had quite a long rear end for the era.

gave the framea citric bath to clear the rust off (lost the before pics as on my photobucket account and can't access the pics now  >:()
still had an old bad boy sticker on the headtube

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: boss pro freestyler
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 10:12 PM »
Interesting  :daumenhoch:  get her built up  :daumenhoch:  not many of these about  :)

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 09:52 PM »
built the bike up similar to how I had it BITD
most of the parts are survivor,only nos parts are the original peregrine hp tyres  :smitten:(mainly ran white compe st's ,but given up trying to find a pair) , jive ez grips and ody gyro cables

big thanks to DEL for the quality decals as always

wheels :rear peregrine freecoaster laced 2x to restored peregrine rim/front peregrine hub laced 2x to restored peregrine rim

front end:peregrine slant stem-this had the front cut down ,so filed and sanded down /boss bars stiil need a bit of work

rear brake weinmann 750 centre pull rear brake -drilled the rear chainstay bridge and seatube /39t chainring to clear the caliper arms,gives similar stopping power to an AD990

just need to refurb the pedals +chain

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 10:54 PM »
SPEC LIST
F+F:boss pro freestyler
STEERING:boss freestyle bars /beartrap2 heatset/peregrine stem/jive ez grips nos
WHEELS:peregrine rims/rear peregrine freecoaster with 14t rear cog,peregrine  front hub laced 2x (rims sanded+polished before lacing up)NOS peregrine HP tyres
DRIVECHAIN:ody excaliber crank/ody powerdisc 39t chainring/kmc chain/wellgo pedals
BRAKING:weinmann tech 5 locking levers (bent out for better leverage/peregring fsx front caliper (my old on) rear weinmann 750 centre pull/ody slic front cable ody gyro rear
SEATING:dynamax seat/gt double bolt seatclamp/generic seatpost
MISC:my old ody gyro from'86/exposure socket pegs-31/2 ich long 1/14 diameter ,again had these from new

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: boss pro freestyle full bike pics added 18/2/20
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2020, 06:04 PM »
Nice that frame  :)

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2020, 01:10 AM »
 :4_17_5:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2021, 04:07 PM »
Just picked up one of these Gary, lovely frames and something a little different  :daumenhoch:
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2021, 03:50 PM »
Nice  :daumenhoch:  I have a nos set of those forks I just found in my cave  :)

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2021, 03:46 PM »
Just picked up one of these Gary, lovely frames and something a little different  :daumenhoch:
Love to see pics Wini

Just waiting on the time I can collect my wheels mate, hopefully not long  fistblump
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  boss pro freestyle full bike pics added 18/2/20

gfxgfx
gfx gfx