gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975495 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 10:14 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Last year and this year.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Last year and this year.  (Read 11145 times)

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Last year and this year.
« on: April 16, 2020, 03:44 PM »
Last year.

07 Ruben.

01 STA I rode all summer.

This year. 01 Fat Boy

And a 99 Dirt Bike NG

I have all of the parts for both. Before the crap weather came in I managed to restore the 97 Hoffman jump bars (they were cut, terribly, one side was 1" longer than the other fs)

Bone Deth grips and Bone Deth seat. I also restored the seat post.

And ordered in the decals from the states

It will be beige. Metal (very rare) disc and so on.

I'll update as I go.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Last year and this year.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 03:46 PM »
More parts for the S&M.

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 06:35 PM »
Don’t suppose you’d be interested in parting with the metal ring dude ?

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 06:46 PM »
Nope. Only Metal part I have. I totally scored on those parts tbh. I was flicking through Ebay looking at old junk. Then this piece of old junk came up.

And this, that I have not even tried to remove yet. I will try, and if I am successful I will laminate and put on new adhesive.

Metal decal, obs.

It didn't even hit me at first. I totally missed it. Then I was looking over it and whilst it was an MJ-12 (Jimmy invented the branding) it wasn't the MJ-12 that he rode in his short time at Huffy.(or Majestic Twelve, part of Area 51).

When I did spot the sprocket though I looked closer. Early Hoffman jumping bars (you can tell by the decal, you can't even get those now) and a brick of a Snafu stem. The rear brake had been upgraded to a proper 990, it has a proper original A-head set on and so on. But the bike itself was in easily restorable condition. He wanted £80 so I paid it, fully intending to restore the whole bike (cheap thrills). Just one issue, he didn't secure the wheels and they absolutely destroyed what was almost pristine paintwork. The parts (after cleaning and soaking in vinegar) literally look like new. So whoever bought this bike and sprocket was obviously a fan of Jimmy. I saved the wheels (vinegar bath, rebuilt the freewheel and so on, wet sanding out the rims) and I got a £20 refund.

So I think for a set of HB jump bars, Snafu stem with a HONKING great stem bolt (which is also pristine, down to the decal) the chain disc, brake, wheels etc I did very well indeed.

I have FIT cranks (very early ones) for the Dirt Bike also, so apart from the tyres the whole bike should be era correct, aside from the Bone Deth parts which were added as a tribute to Burns and hsi collab with Jimmy.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 12:05 AM by Midschoolfool »

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 12:07 AM »
Been doing some thinking. I really don't know why I put those bars on the T1. Maybe because they were just so shiny lol. Either way I stole the bars from my Fatboy project (just some Mankind 2pc) so I needed a set of bars for that.

This is how the T1 is atm.

It's been fully restored with a buttload of NOS parts. And it's absolutely beautiful tbh but god knows what I was thinking with the bars and pegs.

Again there is nothing wrong with either (those bars cost me some serious wedge) but they don't belong on the bike. Maybe I was just bored of doing the same thing every time, even though it didn't suit. But then I had a brain wave. Last week I bought a new set of wheels for my Metal.

But by the time I had even had them delivered I had fallen in love with the wheels I put on it, that I stole from the Haro.

Then the idea hit me. Instead of breaking up the Haro and getting rid of it dump a shit load of money on it  :uglystupid2:

So the idea is to basically take off the Ruben tyres and put those on the Ruben (dur huh, I'm vewwy clevah) and put the Elm St on the Haro on that lovely wheel set. Then pull the front end (bars, levers, cables and stem) off the T1 and plant that on the Haro where it should be. I have already earmarked the ODY 4/4 bars for the Fatboy that got its bars nicked by yours truly, so I needed a new set. Got some Flys.

That way I end up with a killer T1 being how it should be and a killer flatland rig. That's the idea any way :D

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2020, 07:09 PM »
Hell yeah. Looks much better as a street machine. Not far to go on this now. It's getting better cranks too.

Haro got a new tripod seat and post. Then next it's getting the KHE flatland stem and the Liberte'

Just one snag. The Elm St tyres.

I got the front one on after snapping one tyre lever. The back one? forget it. The rear wheel being the Spitfire rim is triple walled and the bead is simply having none of that new school wheel. I snapped three tyre levers and only got it to about 8" left. There's no chance. So I bought some Demolition Machetes.

In for a penny and all that shit.

Goodehs.

I've ordered these for the T1. The Snafu are going on the Haro.

NOS

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2020, 04:03 PM »
OK so here's where I am at. The wiring up there is mostly finished. The rest, isn't  :LolLolLolLol: I got too sidetracked with bikes. It's a total mess ATM and I am waiting on a 5 bike stand.

Standard. Done. just needs a few wipes lol.

Quad is done too. T1.

Minor brake work, paint touch ups.

Haro.

New seat, new post, new wheels, new tyres etc. Oh and cranks and pedals. Amazing what 500 quids worth of parts can do lol.

Tyres came like that.

And my GT. Once the lighting is connected up and I have some flooring down I will get better pics of all of them.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Last year and this year.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx