gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
970500 Posts in 138300 Topics by 6030 Members - Latest Member: Smiffer71 January 18, 2021, 12:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  bastudhole
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: bastudhole  (Read 727 times)

Offline Midschoolfool

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
bastudhole
« on: December 23, 2020, 06:21 PM »
FFS.

After all of the crap I have gone through recently with ma's fall and all that bollocks I figured today that I was lonely and bored enough to do some wrenching. Gathered up the parts for my GT (apart from the Crupi stem I have um, misplaced  :rant: ) and made my way up into the loft.

Removed the cranks.

Go to fit the, and I effing quote "FSA Superlight hollow carbon ISIS crank set" and guess what? it doony fookin fit  :rant: so I spent ages trying to get them on there, then compared the ISIS cranks to these. Not even close, not even within a mile. So WTF? are they wrecked inside? No, not quite. They aren't FACKING ISIS. They are YET ANOTHER BB type. "Octalink". And guess what? Octalink in 68 113 are quite hard to find and thus expensive. I wouldn't even friggin mind so much if I didn't have a Kooka hollow ceramic bearing one in there that cost me about eighty quid.

So for now I am screwed. So here are some pics of the bike, as this one is the lesser spotted of all my bikes.

Carbon TEH EVERYFING

I have ordered a Octalink BB. What other choice did I have? ugh. Coming to you sometime in February, knowing my luck !

Offline Midschoolfool

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Re: bastudhole
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 07:42 PM »
Yaaaaaasssssssssss

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 03:59 PM »
Looking good 👍

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • BMX Overlord
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 05:38 PM »
Nice looking bike - Good job  explosion

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 11:50 AM »
Does look very nice.  8) Liking the stem.  :)

Offline Midschoolfool

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2020, 07:11 PM »
Thanks chaps. Yeah, she's a beaut. I over did it with purple tyres and it looked totally stupid but it's far more refined now. Looking forward to the leg burn, providing this year isn't another total washout.

Edit. Oh yeah, I realised I would have an issue with the cranks too. My cranks that were on there are 104 BCD, so nothing on them can be used. However, when I looked at the BB I noticed it was also 113. Which is not what a BMX likes. You are supposed to use a 108, but that never existed on Octalink. So I looked at how I had set up my CNC cranks (these ones)

I tried to set it up 30-8 but because of the dropped drops it wasn't liking it. However, when I went to 48-16 I kept the bash ring on there for two reasons. Firstly if you fit the drive ring on the inside it brings it in 5mm (as the spider is 5mm alu) and secondly it kept my trousers out of the drive ring. Meaning no ripped trousers, and no looking like a belmet riding with your bottoms tucked into your sock.

So I got that. If I just move the ring to the inside it will look poo, plus that will stop me ripping my bottoms.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 07:18 PM by Midschoolfool »

Offline Midschoolfool

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 12:59 PM »
I think the BB has arrived. Obviously I am not there to check, but I didn't have anything else going to mum's house.

That will be a relief. Can't wait to get this built now.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2021, 10:19 PM »
Good news! Looking forward to seeing this "finished"!! :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=182215.msg1828811#msg1828811
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old guy make a fool of himself! :D

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2021, 06:11 PM »
Coming along nicely - glad you found the stem ! Good luck with the crank set-up !  :daumenhoch:
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  bastudhole

gfxgfx
gfx gfx