gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 04:49 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Sorry, age old question ...again. Decent Chrome Platers?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Sorry, age old question ...again. Decent Chrome Platers?  (Read 2071 times)

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Sorry guys, I know this question's been asked so many times, but I've searched around the forum for answers and most associated threads seem a little out of date now, so asking again.

Looking for a decent company to plate some bars to a high quality finish (and strip a few other bits), preferably in the south-east (Sussex/Hamps/Surrey) but would consider posting wider afield if no trusted options local to me. if the also black oxide parts that would be helpful to.

Advise much appreciated  :daumenhoch:
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline monk380

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Re: Sorry, age old question ...again. Decent Chrome Platers?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 12:22 PM »
Hi fella,were you lucky enough to find a good chrome plater,in need of one for a very rare frame and always been  very wary about getting it done.cheers.

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 01:18 PM »
Hi there, not yet I'm afraid.

I've found a few trusted ones, which seem to be:

Allenchrome Electroplating Limited,  but spoke with them and they've now stopped chroming small projects due to large production orders

Leigh Metal Polishing, but spoke with them and they're currently shut due to COVID

Colonnade Metal, also shut due to COVID

Doug Taylor Metal Finishing Co, again shut due to COVID

Then finally, a member on here with the username jonnyB (he did Glennyboys DP), emailed him but never got a reply.

I'll let you know if I do manage to find one/any. If not you/we might just have to wait until the lockdown's lifted  :-\
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 04:53 PM »
I've used these a few times and always been pleased. Was about 5 years ago now. Best to arrange to drop off your parts so you can speak to them. That's what I did. The only thing I would say is it took a lot longer than what said. I always bag tied my contact details to the parts in case they got mislaid too. :daumenhoch:

Hockley Enterprises. 
Grainger Rd, Southend-on-Sea SS2 5BZ.
01702 614067
info@hockleyenterprises.co.uk
https://www.hockleyenterprises.co.uk/
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 04:58 PM by BMX1973 »

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 07:07 PM »
I've used these a few times and always been pleased. Was about 5 years ago now. Best to arrange to drop off your parts so you can speak to them. That's what I did. The only thing I would say is it took a lot longer than what said. I always bag tied my contact details to the parts in case they got mislaid too. :daumenhoch:

Hockley Enterprises. 
01702 614067

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it. Something in my mind had been telling me that I'd read mixed reviews regards Hockley, though that may just be my bad memory  :-\. Any how, I've dropped them a message to see if they're open for business, and if so will try them out with a set of bars and see how we go. Again, many thanks  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 07:09 PM by Picklez »

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 07:24 PM »

Have you seen the chrome job Glynn got done for his DP Firebird ?

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,191925.50.html  :smitten: :smitten:

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 07:44 PM »

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,191925.50.html  :smitten: :smitten:

I have bud, I emailed jonnyB, unfortunately not heard anything back. Would love him to do the work given how amazing Glen's DP came out  :4_17_5:

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2020, 07:45 PM »

I have bud, I emailed jonnyB, unfortunately not heard anything back. Would love him to do the work given how amazing Glen's DP came out  :4_17_5:

Give Glynn a shout mate - he'll no doubt have some extra contact details for him  :daumenhoch:
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2020, 04:57 PM »

Hockley Enterprises. 
01702 614067

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it. Something in my mind had been telling me that I'd read mixed reviews regards Hockley, though that may just be my bad memory  :-\. Any how, I've dropped them a message to see if they're open for business, and if so will try them out with a set of bars and see how we go. Again, many thanks  :daumenhoch:

Be interesting to know if they are still doing bike parts. If you do get them to do something for you probably right getting them to do an odd part and go from there. One thing to remember is, things like stamping will never be like original.  :-\  :daumenhoch:

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2020, 04:58 PM »
That sure does look super clean.  :4_17_5:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Sorry, age old question ...again. Decent Chrome Platers?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx