gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975531 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 23, 2024, 11:07 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Mk1 Super Burner
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mk1 Super Burner  (Read 16249 times)

Offline burnerboy

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Mk1 Super Burner
« on: April 12, 2020, 10:46 PM »
Hi guys!

I had been thinking of doing one of these for a while as recon there a cracking looking bike and very iconic of its time so when this one come up for sale I couldn't turn it down!

This was down for a full resto as I decided this would be my last build, we all say it at some point especially to the Mrs!

After chatting with the lad I bought it off it turned out that it was his from new, still even had his parents postcode stamped in and also the supplied by decal of the shop they bought it from! I love touches like this on a bike so after a message with pics and measurements to Del (delcals) an exact copy was made.

After stripping the frame down of bits it was sent off along with stripped rims to Mark at MR CREATIONS where it was a bit of a nervous wait for him to strip frame and say what condition the chrome was in. I really did not want to be chroming a burner frame!! But after thumbs up from Mark he carried on and done his magic.

Wheels were then passed onto to Danny who done a brilliant job of the threading.

I also wanted to try to use all the bits again I had took off so was alot of cleaning and polishing plus a couple of trips to our local platers, new bearings though!

The only bits I had to source were pedals and rear reflector also treating it to a new pad set and rubbers.

Hope you will agree it's come together well and does fit in well with a few of the other burners.
If anyone wants info etc feel free to ask.

Cheers guys and gals and stay safe out there!

« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 10:49 PM by burnerboy »

Offline dp and chopper dude

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Mk1 Super Burner
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 11:33 AM »
Cracking job! Lovely collection of Burners you've got there  :daumenhoch:

Offline benno

• Team Moderator
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 08:26 PM »
Lovely job on the Super mate looks stunning in the sun 👍🏼
It comes out of the ground!

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 12:57 AM »
Great job and as mentioned nice collection there  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Mk1 Super Burner

gfxgfx
gfx gfx