gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975497 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 03:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Odessy springfield
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Odessy springfield  (Read 3078 times)

Offline voodoocars

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Odessy springfield
« on: April 24, 2020, 04:37 PM »
So I went and bought a Hoffman Bama last year but it was brake less.. Not my style.
I bought Odessy Springfield brake set and put some supper sticky pads on. The brake squealed like a stuck pig, but worse than that - the chuffing tiny spring flew off rendering the brake useless.. Luckily it came with a spare spring.
So, don't let your springfield brake seal or it will fall to bits.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Odessy springfield
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 09:56 PM »
You are using clear pads I assume? they all sound like that mate. There is a reason we call them screechers.

If you want them quieter then just sand them quickly with some P80. If you are still not happy just go back to old pads. They don't bite as well but they work.

You need to make sure the springs are hooked into the eyelets properly. I have had mine ping out from moving the two sides around when installing. They are a faff to get on, but great brakes.

Offline sdall30

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Re: Odessy springfield
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 01:47 PM »
the spingfield is a good budget brake and easy to setup .. if in doubt the EVO II tis way way better

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Odessy springfield

gfxgfx
gfx gfx