gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975533 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 24, 2024, 12:06 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Help uploading pictures to threads (not using offsite picture hosting site)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Help uploading pictures to threads (not using offsite picture hosting site)  (Read 1392 times)

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
I see that a lot of people have real issues with posting pictures on site whilst using the forum picture host/uploader.

I thought I would produce a thread to show how I do it and that way you may find things easy.

Firstly, the site requires the pictures to be resized so download a free picture resize program and I usually size my pictures 1500 x 692 which the reason for this is the size that BMX Museum  require for uploads, so I don’t have to do things twice for different sites.

Once you have resized the pictures you want you can start a thread.

Write your thread text and when you are ready to upload your pictures click on the ‘Attachments and other options’.

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

You will now see this screen...

Now I click ‘(more attachments)’ option until I have 5 ‘Choose file’ icons, like this

Next I choose my first picture, so press the first ‘Choose file’ icon and this will take you to your computer and you can find the first picture of your bike etc, you will see the picture upload to the screen...

Continued below..... 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 05:39 PM by stidds »

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
If you have only 1 picture you can now hit ‘Post’.

If you have more pictures DO NOT click ‘Post’, what you need to do is click ‘Preview’, nothing will look like it has happened, however do not worry carry on to the next step, which is to click the next ‘Choose file’ and choose the next picture that you want to upload, this time you will not see the thumbnail of the picture you have chosen but it will have been uploaded (trust me).

Once you have uploaded the next picture click ‘Preview’, then do click ‘Choose file’ and choose your next picture, each time you choose a new picture (total of 5 pictures per post) immediately click ‘Preview’

Once you have chosen however many pictures you require and clicked ‘Preview’ after every one it should look like this...

You see I have a thumbnail for the first file but no thumbnails for the subsequent files, just the file name.

Now you can add these files to the post which is easy, all you need to do now is click ‘Insert Attachment 1’, then click ‘ ‘Insert Attachment 2’,  keep doing this until all the attachments are in the mail body of the post...

Now all you have to do is click ‘Post’ and your post will have all the pictures in it that you uploaded.

I know it seems a bit long winded but once you get the hang of it is very straight forward.

I hope this helps you guys, it will also really help the site as then they are hosting the pictures and they will always be available for future radbmx members to view, you can see the mess that happened after photobucket started charging, lots of sites lost valuable pictures.

In2bmx

Nice work Sean and easy to follow .  :4_17_5:

Offline hotdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
So presumably by clicking preview after each picture upload, stops the photos being posted in reverse order when you're finally done.
If so then that's great.

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
So presumably by clicking preview after each picture upload, stops the photos being posted in reverse order when you're finally done.
If so then that's great.

Sometimes  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Help uploading pictures to threads (not using offsite picture hosting site)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx