gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX April 18, 2024, 08:09 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Curtis seatpost problems? anyone else
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Curtis seatpost problems? anyone else  (Read 2064 times)

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Curtis seatpost problems? anyone else
« on: April 30, 2020, 09:05 PM »
I have a few Curtis seatposts and they all have problems? They are the newer versions made by Brian a few years ago

the Layback version's all the chrome is stripping off them? and the straight versions are rusting away?  ???  Its taken me a good hour today to wrestle one out of the frame? the top is still fine but the part that was inside the frame has started to rust badly and I think any longer and it would have siezed in there? So anybody else had problems with these?  ???

griff

Re: Curtis seatpost problems? anyone else
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 09:43 AM »
no problems here, but then again it's the only bike that lives in the house (I also don't mess with the seat height, as it's a clear-lacquered raw post I'll be fooked if I'm scraping that off :teef: )
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 09:46 AM by griff »

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 01:49 PM »
My bikes are inside to mate? I reckon if you remove the post it will be tarnished or starting to rust? If you don't move it and its always at the same height have a look I'd be interested to see?  :-\

griff

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 02:08 PM »
I'd be interested to see?  :-\

That may be the case - but like I said I'm fooked if I'm touching it :D sorry mate
It's bad enough having to remove the front wheel to fit it in the back of my Polo

But 5 years on and despite it just being clear powder over raw there's no spidering anywhere (& last outing it had in Gloucester it proper pissed it down)
Might have something to do with me giving it a proper isopropyl clean before handing it (wearing gloves :teef: ) to SBD to powder.
No greasy fingerprints = nothing to lurk under the powder  :daumenhoch:

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 02:15 PM »
 :daumenhoch:

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 11:30 AM »

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2020, 12:27 PM »
No mine were from the run that Brian did in about 2015 I think it was?  :daumenhoch:

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2020, 03:34 PM »
So these are 80s stock then?  :-\

No mine were from the run that Brian did in about 2015 I think it was?  :daumenhoch:
Are the Curtis seat posts in bags which pop up on ebay repop?  :-\

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CURTIS-BMX-SEAT-POST-80s-NEW-OLD-STOCK-14/324154717934?hash=item4b792076ee:g:4ygAAOSwAPxcmAnP

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Curtis seatpost problems? anyone else

gfxgfx
gfx gfx