gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975526 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 19, 2024, 06:10 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Damn, eBay's gone mad this weekend.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Damn, eBay's gone mad this weekend.  (Read 3548 times)

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Damn, eBay's gone mad this weekend.
« on: June 14, 2020, 11:27 PM »
Well, it's obvious prices have gone mad lately, but oh my gord, there's some sexy stuff being listed this weekend.

My current favourite (apart from those sexy graphites):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Old-School-BMX-Curtis-Freestyler-Frame-Forks/193517878611?hash=item2d0e907d53:g:d9IAAOSwuh1e5qCD

Really having to resist twitchy fingers at the moment...
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Damn, eBay's gone mad this weekend.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 12:36 AM »
Haha ...
/>
That looks gorgeous Pete, not too in touch with the market atm but seems well overpriced to me! by at least ?400 if not more!
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 10:02 AM »
That Curtis looks like the complete that was won on there for under a grand!  ???  typical of ebay on one pound listing day?
I notice they not pulling any auctions like they did when you say in your ad " no paypal due to too much fee's " and " can remove when ever I want cos listed on multiple sites " all these they'd of wipped the auction off straight away before!  ::) so they must be feeling the pinch aswell the  :Aresehole: 'S

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 11:58 AM »
Makes the ?550 eBay frame only look a good deal now. I love these as I had one BITD but the prices are well over inflated. My biggest BMX regret, passing a chrome one up for ?200 several years ago. It was right down the road from me too.
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 02:20 PM »
I know what you all mean re the prices of all the recent Curtis Freestyler listing (not that's there's been too many of them). However, there were also some nice parts be listed over the weekend, by a few sensible people, with 99p starting prices. Though I bet the majority of them will all end up at stupid final prices. I know my 'watch list' grew massively yesterday.

As for the Curtis in particular, I've just found myself (of late) really wanting one. And gord knows why but thinking of a yellow-black build. That would historically have been totally alien to me, but maybe it's an age thing  :-\
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline Uksupergoose

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 02:36 PM »
Makes the ?550 eBay frame only look a good deal now.

Word around the camp fire is that the matching forks went with that frame for an extra 250...

Which makes deeman ^^^ right on the mark.

I couldn't see any build marks on that frame, looking like a fairly decent purchase in the current climate.

That said, you are a bit 'held-to-ransom' when you've hit B.I.N for the frame and the forks turn up......nearly half as much again for the forks :-[

Offline Uksupergoose

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 07:07 PM by Uksupergoose »

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2020, 07:17 PM »

You reckon everyone has seen the prices things have been selling for and gone.... fook this I'm selling up !  :shocked: :LolLolLolLol:

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline Uksupergoose

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2020, 07:59 AM »

You reckon everyone has seen the prices things have been selling for and gone.... fook this I'm selling up !  :shocked: :LolLolLolLol:

Yes! But I reckon if you hang in long enough and a little luck you could do ok.....

Look at the number of alloy hub tuffs and flight cranks getting listed at the moment, at the tail end of this you may get a bargain...!!??

supply/demand and all that...

Offline Uksupergoose

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2020, 08:04 AM »
well, it may take a while given that set went for over a GRAND! the other day......

the shiny ones

Offline Uksupergoose

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2020, 09:43 AM »
Place your bets........

I'm going ?1850.00

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bmx-Haro-Master-Gen-1-Freestyler-Old-School-Vintage-Hutch-Araya-GT-Performer/283915777574?hash=item421ab2f626:g:MQYAAOSwyyZe56Bx

looks nice....good story....

Been watching that, he clearly stripped all the good parts and stuck on the shitters before the auction. Lovely f/f though!

Offline Uksupergoose

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2020, 02:33 PM »
Place your bets........

I'm going ?1850.00

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bmx-Haro-Master-Gen-1-Freestyler-Old-School-Vintage-Hutch-Araya-GT-Performer/283915777574?hash=item421ab2f626:g:MQYAAOSwyyZe56Bx

looks nice....good story....

Been watching that, he clearly stripped all the good parts and stuck on the shitters before the auction. Lovely f/f though!

Totally agree....my last comment was specifically regarding the f/f...

I think this will do well on eBay with the current bidding/prices we are seeing. Looks the part...

But, sub 1500 and a very good day at the races selling off all the parts; you could have a very nice GEN 1 MASTER for fairly good money. I actually prefer these to the GEN 1 Freestyler....

I don't mean to flip the frame at the end, beat the madness and get a nice wall-hanger.......that your'e not embarrassed to tell your non-BMX mates in the pub how much you paid for it......

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2020, 12:16 PM »
Sadly it's not just eBay. I've seen some crazy (to me, at any rate) prices being asked over on the Museum recently, especially for completes. Not sure if they actually sell at those prices, of course, but even so. :crazy2:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2020, 08:20 PM »
Bikes in general are selling for more than usual, everyone's out on them.

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2020, 08:48 PM »

It's Bob !
Hello mate, how the fook are ya ? :)

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2020, 09:21 PM »
Alright thanks John  :daumenhoch:

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2020, 10:34 PM »

Offline Uksupergoose

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2020, 09:14 AM »

Wow, there's a name that rings a bell from a VERY long time ago......in a place far far away......?????

Offline Uksupergoose

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2020, 10:50 AM »
Never seen a set chromed before, normally would think 'not my cup of tea' (not an OG finish) but these look stunning!

is it that age thing again....?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/old-school-bmx-Shimano-DX-pedals-beautiful/174320199921?hash=item28964b28f1:g:ppgAAOSwP79e6liD

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2020, 11:29 AM »
Chrome plate on alloy is never gonna last so those are for ponies only. They doo look fookin lush though, but he's drawing you in with starting the auction low but check out his BIN prices they're more in line with this thread...... ?50 for a pair of used unsealed low flange Suzue hubs..... blimey  :shocked:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/old-school-bmx-suzue-low-flange-front-rear-hubs/174313726858?hash=item2895e8638a:g:eqUAAOSweZFe4lmE
Still limping......

Offline Uksupergoose

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2020, 11:44 AM »
Chrome plate on alloy is never gonna last so those are for ponies only. They doo look fookin lush though, but he's drawing you in with starting the auction low but check out his BIN prices they're more in line with this thread...... ?50 for a pair of used unsealed low flange Suzue hubs..... blimey  :shocked:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/old-school-bmx-suzue-low-flange-front-rear-hubs/174313726858?hash=item2895e8638a:g:eqUAAOSweZFe4lmE

I did wonder about the plate on alloy and concluded that's probably why I've never seen a set before...great eye candy though...didn't even bother to look at his hubs...

Some nice wheel sets popped up overnight, and MORE black alloy hub tuffs!

That guy in essex is still finding some nice rides under all those bails of hay....sold quite a lot too. the 24 kuwie he had was a beauty...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Damn, eBay's gone mad this weekend.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx