gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX April 18, 2024, 04:13 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Staring Me in the Face!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Staring Me in the Face!  (Read 2263 times)

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
Staring Me in the Face!
« on: July 02, 2020, 12:42 PM »
I've been doing quite a lot of riding recently, mostly on my Crupi and Project Q race rigs. Both of these have Tioga D-Spyder seats, which are super light and surprisingly comfortable. However, that's on short rides and what I've found out since upping the mileage on them is unsurprising - the seats are killing my backside!! Not to the extent of "bike seat rash" but not far off, so I've started looking for a more comfortable seat that doesn't look shite! I did have a lovely leather Crupi seat with titanium rails but sold it last year!! Thumbs down

Then I suddenly remembered that I was given a bike a while back that is currently sat in the shed gather dust while I procrastinate as to what to do with it. Pic below. You may see where this is going. Yes, I'm going to rob the seat from the fooker. Closer inspection revealed that it's actually quite a decent seat:- a Selle San Marco Titanio T200 made in May 1991. A quick check online confirmed what the name suggests, ie that its got titanium rails, and this is reflected in the weight. Its seen better days but then haven't we all! Plus I only want it as a training seat, so as long as it's more comfortable than the Tiogas, and the leather-clad padding suggests it should be, I'll be a happy chappy! As will my arse! More pics below while I decide which bike to put it on! :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 12:43 PM by Mikku »
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
Re: Staring Me in the Face!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 06:47 PM »
Comfy seats, first sign of aging! 😊

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 11:24 PM »
Mate, I can't remember the first sign but I knew my days were numbered when my pubes started going grey! :LolLolLolLol:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 11:24 AM »
Done! Have given it a new lease of life on Project Q! :daumenhoch:

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 07:43 PM »

Love it Mick - the BMX equivalent of slippers mate  :LolLolLolLol:

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Staring Me in the Face!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx