gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX April 18, 2024, 02:50 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Anybody else still own a or building a Neil Ruffell tribute build.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anybody else still own a or building a Neil Ruffell tribute build.  (Read 26874 times)

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
Used to be a popular build a few years back. Mine took over ten years to complete. Anybody else  own one , or are thinking of building one?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 10:34 AM by SDF »
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
Nice  explosion

fistblump fistblump

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
Nice  explosion

fistblump fistblump
Thanks, still not 100 percent sure on what chain Neil ran, Izumi, or Kmc...,  but apart from that I am  happy with my Kellogg's spec.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Love the Neil Ruffle build  :daumenhoch: remember seeing quite a few of these on the go a few years ago  :)  such an important part of bmx history and a very talented rider bitd  :daumenhoch:

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Nice  explosion

fistblump fistblump
Thanks, still not 100 percent sure on what chain Neil ran, Izumi, or Kmc...,  but apart from that I am  happy with my Kellogg's spec.

Fantastic rep Steve,,,if in doubt bang an Ixumi on imo!  :daumenhoch:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
Nice  explosion

fistblump fistblump

Fantastic rep Steve,,,if in doubt bang an Ixumi on imo!  :daumenhoch:
Many thanks Dammo, I was thinking Izumi. The tyres fitted were your ones. I clean them lightly every week with baby wipes👍

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
Love the Neil Ruffle build  :daumenhoch: remember seeing quite a few of these on the go a few years ago  :)  such an important part of bmx history and a very talented rider bitd  :daumenhoch:
Many thanks Tiapan, I watched him pull that bike out of the Beyond software wagon when he arrived with Craig Campbell for the Kellogg's 85. Wanted one from that very day👍 The autograph attached is from that day.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 11:41 AM by SDF »

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Anybody else still own a or building a Neil Ruffell tribute build.
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2020, 05:40 PM »
That is a very  8) bike  :4_17_5:

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2020, 05:51 PM »
That is a very  8) bike  :4_17_5:
Many thanks  BMX1973,  gladyou like it Steve fistblump.

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2020, 11:23 PM »
Nice that mate  :daumenhoch:
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2020, 12:34 AM »
i never got to build the rep i really wanted......Jess Dyrenforth green Performer....it was just tooo expensive...Elina lightning bolt, ACS locking levers , 401's DX etc etc ......Love rider reps  :daumenhoch:

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2020, 09:42 AM »
i never got to build the rep i really wanted......Jess Dyrenforth green Performer....it was just tooo expensive...Elina lightning bolt, ACS locking levers , 401's DX etc etc ......Love rider reps  :daumenhoch:
Now your talking, I love that bike as well 👍👍

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2020, 10:55 AM »

Not overly familiar with this one myself, or age and memory have deleted it from my old grey matter.

Looks awesome though, anyone got any more images they can share  :-\
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2020, 11:33 AM »

Not overly familiar with this one myself, or age and memory have deleted it from my old grey matter.

I just googled Jess Dyrenforth south sea skatepark.  Think there may also be a little clip on YouTube,  I will double check ...

/>
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 11:41 AM by SDF »

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2020, 12:38 PM »

That's the one Steve....i had half the bits at one stage by coincidence, then i studied the pics more and spotted the gen 1 ACS levers (which i already have a pair of on another bike)) and decided i couldn't afford it. Someone else needs to do it, i don't think it has been done yet.... fistblump

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2020, 12:39 PM »

Think BMX Beat Pete.... :daumenhoch:

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2020, 12:44 PM »

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2020, 12:54 PM »
i did however get to build my other dream rider rep......Wish i still had it..

A Ruffell, A Campbell and a Jess D rep would look SOOO awesome together!!  "wantit"

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2020, 02:07 PM »
That prolite is a beauty. explosion explosion explosion explosion. I wished I owned that bike. 

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2020, 03:02 PM »
That prolite is a beauty. explosion explosion explosion explosion. I wished I owned that bike.

Wish i still had it too mate. i had to split it more or less straight after it was done. Always the case. i can't afford to keep them. i actually got the frameset back and started building it to another non replica spec but again, i couldn't afford to finish it at the time  and it had to go.....maybe one day.....but i doubt it the way things are going! ::)

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2020, 04:25 PM »
I loved building my Ruffell tribute bike, nowhere near good enough to be called a replica, but a lot of fun all the same.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2020, 04:36 PM »

Wish i still had it too mate. i had to split it more or less straight after it was done. Always the case. i can't afford to keep them. i actually got the frameset back and started building it to another non replica spec but again, i couldn't afford to finish it at the time  and it had to go.....maybe one day.....but i doubt it the way things are going! ::)
It was a superb  build👊🏻, at least you had the fun task of collecting and building it. I did see one pop up a few months ago in the same blue as yours, can't remember if it was on here or eBay.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2020, 04:43 PM »
I loved building my Ruffell tribute bike, nowhere near good enough to be called a replica, but a lot of fun all the same.
I followed your build many  years ago , it  came out wicked. I think  had mine on the go at the same time, 2010/ 2011?

Did you sell yours to Factory pilot?

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2020, 06:43 PM »
I followed your build many  years ago , it  came out wicked. I think  had mine on the go at the same time, 2010/ 2011?

Did you sell yours to Factory pilot?

I think I finished it in 2012 and sold it to Ant the same year mate.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2020, 08:07 PM »
Damo, stunning CC my friend. I picked a F&F up at one time, to build exactly that replica, but also sold it long before finishing collecting all the right parts  :'(

Still toy with the idea of revisiting the urge oneway. But, as you say, probably not  :-\. one on the bay recently, but the prices the F&F's command now days I'll probably go in a different direction for the next build or two.

Good to see you lurking my friend.  :daumenhoch:
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Anybody else still own a or building a Neil Ruffell tribute build.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx