gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
970055 Posts in 138248 Topics by 6020 Members - Latest Member: DaveFollansbee November 29, 2020, 02:09 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Tempted to the dark side - GT Ultrabox 2!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tempted to the dark side - GT Ultrabox 2!  (Read 2390 times)

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
Re: Tempted to the dark side - GT Ultrabox 2!
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2020, 12:28 PM »
Here's a couple of before and after pics. I only had time for a quick test ride today, so tomorrow I'm going to check that everything's snugged up nicely, then switch over the magnesium DMR V12 pedals, also from the Crupi. If all goes to plan, I'll then head back to the track for a proper test. :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=182215.msg1828811#msg1828811
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old guy on the Crupi!! :D

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2020, 01:59 AM »
What better way to spend a national holiday than to hit the track! Sunny weather yesterday meant I was able to test out the UB2 with the Answer forks - an all carbon set-up! Unsurprisingly, the front end felt lighter and it was noticeably easier to lift up - not that it was difficult before but it just pops up easier now, as per the pic below. I need to borrow my neighbour's scales again because with the addition of the Daggers and magnesium DMR V12 pedals, also from the Crupi, the bike should now be around the 18lbs mark. :daumenhoch:

Save for a bit of tinkering here and there, and possibly a change of tyres, I'll about done with making any more major changes. New cranks would be nice but are an unnecessary expense at the moment. I'd prefer to spend my hard-earned on an overhaul kit for the Elite cassette, which sounds okay to my untrained ear but I'm assuming they're the original pawls and springs in which case they must be quite a few years old by now. So that may be a Christmas present to myself or I may just save that for next year's race budget! ;D
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 09:52 PM by Mikku »
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=182215.msg1828811#msg1828811

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2020, 11:01 PM »
I borrowed my neighbour's bathroom scales again yesterday and with the Answer forks and DMR pedals, the GT's now coming in around the 8.2kg mark, which is about 18.08lbs in old money. I say "around"  and "about" because the readout moved slightly if I moved, so it's all approximate. Still fairly pleased with that though, especially seeing as I wasn't thinking much about weight-saving when I picked this up and started playing around with parts. :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Tempted to the dark side - GT Ultrabox 2!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx