gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975502 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 03:01 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Enola Gay.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Enola Gay.  (Read 7042 times)

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Enola Gay.
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2020, 07:32 PM »
Man I thought I brought this to a conclusion. Seems not !

The decals started failing about a week after fitting them. The problem was that it was bubble free vinyl, which I have found doesn't grip as well as just flat vinyl. So I pulled them off and just stuck on some temp decals.

I used it as transport for an entire summer. Lovely bike to ride tbh. Then the seat clamp snapped (split on one of the bolts) and the exposed fork started to rust. It was also bloody dirty. So I gave it a clean over and prepped it for the loft.

And up it went. Then this pile of NOS SNAFU stuff came up on the bay.

So I grabbed it. I also wanted a better more period correct brand of cranks on the bike so I got some Profile in black.

Gonna use this seat and post combo I have left over.

And then today I bought this.

Still hunting decals. 98-04, and if you have a set and could take some up close decent pics I would be eternally grateful !

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2020, 08:48 AM »
Great thread this!  explosion

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2020, 05:06 PM »
Thanks man. As you can tell, I love my bikes. Not just like them but love them. I think James May sums it up best in this...

/>
I was eying up that XUFO ages ago. Sadly life got in the way and I forgot, to the point it was literally the last 1 1/8 left. I wasn't sure about my chances of getting my buddy to mill out a 1" one...

Any way that is on way. To demonstrate the mess my mind is in at the moment I had totally forgotten I had one on my orange STA, but wanted one any way. Good thing that at least a part of my brain still works...

I love riding this bike. I wouldn't dare try anything on it due to the weight and my age now, but yeah for some reason when I get on it I feel right at home. It's just got that lovely classic geo. As thus like I mentioned I rode it an entire summer.

Unlike my 29" you can actually get it through train barriers very easily, without getting trapped half way desperately not trying to drop your beloved orange PK. I also had no qualms about throwing it around either, as I know it can take it.

I'd even go so far as putting genuine mid school wheels on, as there are some Rhinos and etc on Ebay atm. Thing is? I know it's just a whole load more weight. The wheels I have on it now are the only real new school part left, but I also know they are much better than the old wheels for riding.

Oh and that Pitbull? that thing is insane. Every bit as good as any brake.

One thing I will want is an original Odyssey front brake. I *think* the one on my orange bike was a 1999? gawd knows.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Enola Gay.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx