gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 12:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  48's or mags ???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 48's or mags ???  (Read 2989 times)

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
48's or mags ???
« on: October 02, 2020, 07:51 PM »
I know it's a personal preference but what do you guys think... my Survivor Hustler Fred Blood is almost finished but should I go with some 48's or mags. Both are looking good on it but I'm torn.
 "help"
First pic is as bought with 36s but I have some nice white 48's to use. 
Second pic is with some great looking Simplex mags.
Opinions please guys.
Thanks.
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: 48's or mags ???
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 08:10 PM »
I'm usually 'mags' all day long, but built with the spokes, as in the first image looks really clean, and gets my vote on this occasion  :daumenhoch:
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 08:17 PM »
Cheers Pete  fistblump Does anyone else want to chip in ??

Offline Quadog

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 09:32 PM »
spokes  :)

Offline Ady

• Flip-Whip
  • fin old..... they call me the silver fox
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 10:02 PM »
Deffo spokes as agree with picklez much Cleaner look.. fistblump
Real men have Dachshunds I have three / now two 😓 missing you../ back too three with a rescue dachie

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 10:50 PM »
Cheers guys, I knew that would be the answer, that's why I bought the 48's 🤣 I do love those Simplex mags though, the best looking mag in my opinion. The thing is I bought a complete bike for the mags to use on this bike. Maybe I'll keep them on it. The front 48 was already on so I've just finished putting the rear on. This blood is a tank even minus the mags. If I get some decent light tomorrow I'll get some pics up :daumenhoch:

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2020, 07:39 AM »
Mags look superb on it. I vote mags👍
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2020, 10:48 AM »
Mags look superb on it. I vote mags👍

Cheers, the mags are in great condition and are crazy cool. I'm still undecided even though the 48s are now fitted. 

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2020, 11:52 AM »
The weather is awful so here's a pic in the grubby garage with the 48s on. To save you scrolling up to compare here's the with mags pic too.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2020, 12:15 PM »
The weather is awful so here's a pic in the grubby garage with the 48s on. To save you scrolling up to compare here's the with mags pic too.
It's a tricky one because both sets of wheels look mint on the bike. I. Love the mags, but the 48's also look ace. Flip a coin 👍🏻
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2020, 04:06 PM »
It's a tricky one because both sets of wheels look mint on the bike. I. Love the mags, but the 48's also look ace. Flip a coin 👍🏻

Decisions decisions... the mags look better for me but I think the 48s make it a better bike.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2020, 04:57 PM »

Decisions decisions... the mags look better for me but I think the 48s make it a better bike.

If your going to ride it the 48's  will  be far more suitable 👊🏻

What ever you decide with, It's a win win because both set ups look really good.👍
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 05:00 PM by SDF »

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2020, 05:59 PM »
Agreed  :daumenhoch:

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2020, 12:14 AM »
one of each lol  :D :daumenhoch:

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2020, 11:19 AM »
On that bike I would go with Mags  :)

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2020, 02:58 PM »
Thanks for all of your opinions guys  fistblump
I've decided to go with the mags. When I saw them on a cheap MBK complete I ended up buying a while ago I fell in love with them. I knew they would look cool as hell on the Hustler FB. So I've stuck with my original plan. They have some cool little detailing on the spokes too. The 48s will be saved for another build, maybe if I find a decade in the future. When this bloody rain gives me a chance I will get some pics and post it in the freestyle section and botm. Not a winner I know but it's good to be in the mix  :daumenhoch:

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2020, 06:33 PM »
Hey Toby, your build, your way, my friend, and even though I opted for the 48's the mags look great. Used to run my DP with white mags and red tyres BITD, and loved the look.

Yours sure looks sweet too  :daumenhoch:
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2020, 07:30 PM »
Thanks Pete, the 48s aren't going anywhere so there's always the possibility that they end up back on  :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 08:17 PM by Chilli Rinse »

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2020, 08:52 PM »
It would be the spokes for me.   explosion

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2020, 03:43 PM »
Spokes for go, Skyway to show.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  48's or mags ???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx