gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX April 18, 2024, 10:40 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Pro Class or Faux Class
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Pro Class or Faux Class  (Read 2461 times)

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
Pro Class or Faux Class
« on: November 02, 2020, 10:37 PM »
So is it just me or does there seem to be something not quite right about the stem on the left ? That stamping just doesn't look crisp enough and some slight differences in the font ? Or has it been over polished at one point ?  Were these actually faked with the stamping on them too ? What are your thoughts gents.
Thanks
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 11:44 PM by Chilli Rinse »
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
Re: Pro Class or Faux Class
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 10:09 PM »
I don't know if these were ever copied but yeah, I see what you mean. Also, the bolt holes look to be too near the edge of the top cap. As you say, if could be a case of some serious over-polishing or the proverbial "Friday afternoon" stem but...  :chin:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 06:12 PM »
Lets be fair & put things in context .

Apart from the wheels Most Pro class (component parts) were pretty shit anyway & were just cheap knock offs of other market leading products.

Their mx 1000a  Brakes were DC copies made by lee chi or chang star & had a pro class sticker on there. 

These pro class forklifter stems are just a copy of the Suntour made Redline forklifter & non of these (pro class) parts cost much to buy either back in the day (or now) so why would someone go to the trouble of making a (copy of a copy) so to speak ?  it doesnt make sense.

These stems still dont fetch much although theres a couple of jokers out there trying right this minute .

I sold one of these for  50 quid a couple of months back , they're not that well made or desirable anyway. My guess is as the logo is stamped in anyway its probably just not been stamped as hard to begin with or it has been sanded & polished up...

The hole position :-    The one on the right has paint build up & the one of the left has been polished back slightly so between them & maybe also the angle being different on each pic it makes the hole look closer to the egdes on the polished stem.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 06:17 PM by Funkyworm »

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 10:12 PM »
I agree with the above sounds spot on  :daumenhoch:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2020, 11:07 PM »
I agree with the above sounds spot on  :daumenhoch:

So it's a fake then! ;D
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2020, 09:12 AM »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Pro Class or Faux Class

gfxgfx
gfx gfx