gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 19, 2024, 12:55 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  How much time do you spend on BMX?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How much time do you spend on BMX?  (Read 2416 times)

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
How much time do you spend on BMX?
« on: October 23, 2020, 01:08 PM »
I was thinking about this today, following a conversation with Hutchman Dave! On an average week I probably ride a BMX for about a total of 2 hours. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but let's stick with that. Plus I normally take in a track visit once a month, so I'd say my monthly riding time is, for the sake of easy maths, 10 hours.

I check out here and the BMX Museum every day, so that's about an hour a day, 7 a week and say, 30 a month. Plus there's checking out parts on online auctions, say 2 hrs/week, 8 a month.

Plus a bit of spannerwork. Not every week, so let's say 2 hours a month.

By my rough and ready calculations, 10 + 30 + 8 + 2 = 50 hours/month, on average. So is that about the norm for an average Radster?? 8)
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Quadog

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: How much time do you spend on BMX?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 06:23 PM »
Too much time looking not enough time riding  ;D ;D

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 06:27 PM »
For the 1st time in 12 years, I do not own a BMX, doubt my back could cope with a big ride now.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 10:26 PM »
Shame about that Dan. :( Don't shoot me for suggesting this but have you tried anything NS? So much more comfortable to ride than their older cousins. :daumenhoch:

Tell me about it! ::)
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 02:07 PM »
Not enough time riding skateparks anymore due to constantly injuring myself.... but my 10yr old son has recently re-found his BMX soul and wants to ride his bike at either one of two local tracks as he's learning to jump and ride trails now. So I'd say about 2hrs a week riding and an occasional browse on here as I still enjoy a catch up. I also spend a couple of hours banter with the Usual Suspects on our WhatsApp group and will probably try and ride skateparks once every couple of months as I still absolutely love riding ramps  :daumenhoch:
Still limping......

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 04:53 PM »
Try a new school cruiser for everyday riding. You will be surprised at how comfortable they are.  :daumenhoch:

Shame about that Dan. :( Don't shoot me for suggesting this but have you tried anything NS? So much more comfortable to ride than their older cousins. :daumenhoch:

Tell me about it! ::)

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 05:01 PM »
Don't spend much time in the winter months apart from looking at photos of builds on the net. Watch You Tube for the new release bike reveiws. In the summer always find something to mess around with. Just to be outside.  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 05:02 PM by BMX1973 »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  How much time do you spend on BMX?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx