gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX April 16, 2024, 09:16 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ruffell sales bmx ebay
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ruffell sales bmx ebay  (Read 12029 times)

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
Ruffell sales bmx ebay
« on: January 27, 2021, 08:19 PM »
Any one else spotted Andy  Ruffells  eBay stuff , got Neils Rf1 Vincent seat post up for bids as well.

Adding all these to my watch list.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
Re: Ruffell sales bmx ebay
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 08:46 PM »
Going to be insane  "wantit"
 looking at items and bids so far  explosion
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 08:54 PM »
Genuine BMX history up for grabs, for everyone.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 10:06 PM »
So is the seller actually the man himself? There's some nice parts for sure but if it's genuinely him, I wonder what else he has and what else he's going to move on?? :coolsmiley:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 10:11 PM »
I believe Andy has handed his old stuff to dave Hall to manage the selling

cheers Kev

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 10:44 PM »
So is the seller actually the man himself? There's some nice parts for sure but if it's genuinely him, I wonder what else he has and what else he's going to move on?? :coolsmiley:

Like a couple of RF-1's??!!!!   :D
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2021, 10:51 PM »

And, how is anything verified. I appreciate I may be scorned on for my opinion, and that's fair enough. Maybe I'm even 'not in the know', not frequenting other platforms such as social media etc.

But, an antique, etc. or memorabilia from famous sports people etc. is just 'old stuff' with little value without a letter of authenticity or other applicable documentation. Yet, here we are having to trust an ebayer, with zero feedback, who opened an account 24hours ago, who goes "Hello world, bang, look at all this high end, priceless stuff'. No evidence, of authenticity, no pictures other than one or two stock magazine shots, but trust me it's legit.

As I say, I'm not overly concerned either way, I mean no offence to the seller, or the Ruffell  family if legit. If it has no bearing on the value why mention it. But if it does (or the seller/s) expect it to have some bearing on the final sale value then be decent enough to offer some extra evidence than a new account, no feedback, no proof, etc.

Good luck to all who get carried away in the ensuing frenzy. Will certainly be an interesting watch.

Now, if this seller wants to put up an RF1 I will enter the party, irrespective of whether Neil or Bernie's bin man rode it.

Peace & love  :rant:  :bow:
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2021, 10:59 PM »
Any one else spotted Andy  Ruffells  eBay stuff , got Neils Rf1 Vincent seat post up for bids as well.

And the question on the tip of everyone's tongue is where is the RF-1 that goes with it??!! :daumenhoch:

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2021, 05:53 AM »

And the question on the tip of everyone's tongue is where is the RF-1 that goes with it??!! :daumenhoch:
Yes , I was thinking that, and maybe  any Neils orange beat parts.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Schneeky1

• Site Supporter
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2021, 10:18 AM »
Andy himself posted up a little while ago that he was going to be selling off a lot of his old parts etc...

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2021, 01:32 PM »
Initial photographs show tubs of tat like we all stashed in the garage. Ok some stuff will be good but come on, who cares who owned it!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 04:26 PM by That Swan Guy »
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline Uksupergoose

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2021, 03:59 PM »
I get your point....but

who cares who owned it!

the 160 folk watching the forks???

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2021, 04:26 PM »
Voyeurs
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2021, 04:45 PM »
I would love the Vincent seat post that was on Neils Rf 1. It would be perfect on my Vincent , plus Neil was my favourite freestyler. 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 04:50 PM by SDF »

Offline Uksupergoose

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2021, 04:52 PM »
Voyeurs

Yep, fair point, I'm one of them myself!

It would be some 'tribute build' if you had the geezers' actual forks though! Only thinking after seeing the badass HLT tribute going on over in T&R....

The forks are the only thing that has grabbed my attention as I think Picklez makes some very valid points on 'provenance'.......

I think the forks are legit......discuss!

Offline Uksupergoose

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2021, 04:59 PM »
Are we about to see Flights and Beartraps???

explosion

Does anyone know what the stash is?

Rather exciting as it goes...... fistblump

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2021, 08:44 PM »
From the pics of buckets full of shrapnel on facebook i'm fearing it's going to be a bit of an anti-climax  ::)

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2021, 07:11 AM »
From Andy Facebook page
cheers Kev

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2021, 10:03 AM »
I guess its a bit of Bmx history and Andy was one of the good guys but i'll be interested to see if any of the good stuff appears?  ??? but there's no doubt it will be bid up by many people to far more than its worth? the forks are already too much lol   ::)    I got sent a photo of the tubs of parts  that were posted on FB but couldn't see any 'os Gold' in them? glwts tho  :daumenhoch:

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2021, 02:06 PM »
Someone needs to ask him to do a re issue RF-1!!

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2021, 08:40 PM »
Neil's RF forks are now listed, frame next maybe?

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2021, 08:42 PM »
Neil's RF forks are now listed, frame next maybe?

Surely??!!

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2021, 09:17 PM »
If that's the case it's a bit sh1tty in my humble opinion. "Here's the forks, spend a stuff load on these, on the chance I might sell the frame, I'm not saying whether I've actually got, and you might not even win if/when I list it". All because I'm Andy Ruffell.

I don't personally think highly of people splitting F&F's in general, but that's just my own personal opinion. As said before, their stuff, their prerogative, but not a great approach for a collectors community. Only reason it's done is for money, fair enough.

But, Ruffell had a good run/life with BMX when we were all kids, with many of us idolising him and his brother. If he cared about his heritage and the community that adored him and his brother for years he could still get a ton of money by being a little more respectful.

If you've got Neil's RF1 either, list F&F separately but at the same time, or be decent and list it as one item, and let one of your brother's legendary bikes have a greater chance of living on and being admired, as it deserves.

I'd be a serious bidder for it, may not be lucky enough to win it (if it came up), but I'm really in two minds whether to bother even trying for the forks on the hope the frame might come up.

I have worked damn hard for my money all my adult life, like the vast majority of us, but I also try to use it wisely. And I'm damned if I'll just give it to some greedy so and so on a chance or whim.

Don't care who he is, any remaining respect I had for the guy is definitely waning. Where's Tim when you need a bit of controversy  :-X.

Anyway, rant over, I'm sure I'm going to have to weather a battering for airing my annoyance, but hey hoy, the forum needs a little more energy so may be worth it  :LolLolLolLol:. It's only a hobby  :daumenhoch:.

One final thing that's been bugging me (more a question to myself than anything else). The Renthal bars, love em, never even seen ano blue ones before, but the Robinson decal? Don't imagine any of his sponsors would have been too impressed with that BITD? Or have the intervening years erased some of my earlier year's memories from an outfit he rode for?

OK, I'll shut up and go back to lurking. Peace.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 09:42 PM by Picklez »
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2021, 09:53 PM »
Has anyone actually seen the Holeshot frame, to know if it could potentially be up for sale? I vaguely remember seeing some pics of Andy's of tubs of bike bits, but don't recall any frames other than the ones he owned himself.

There's no evidence to suggest that this frame still exists. Neil could have binned it leaving just the forks behind.

I'm not sure Andy or Dave would be the type of blokes to split them up and let's face it, it's pointless having one if you don't have the other imho.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 10:09 PM by Retrodan72 »

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2021, 05:32 AM »
Has anyone actually seen the Holeshot frame, to know if it could potentially be up for sale? I vaguely remember seeing some pics of Andy's of tubs of bike bits, but don't recall any frames other than the ones he owned himself.

There's no evidence to suggest that this frame still exists. Neil could have binned it leaving just the forks behind.

I'm not sure Andy or Dave would be the type of blokes to split them up and let's face it, it's pointless having one if you don't have the other imho.

So why don't somebody ask him on the Rad Faceache site then? then people will know  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ruffell sales bmx ebay

gfxgfx
gfx gfx