gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 05:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Landing Gear
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Landing Gear  (Read 9813 times)

Offline jend

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Landing Gear
« on: March 19, 2021, 05:17 PM »
Was there anything wrong with Landing Gear back in 80s?  I was supposed to be buying some kind of Aero forks, forget the make now.  We rang Bunny's BMX in Nottingham on the Friday evening to see if they were in stock and went the next day to collect them.  When we got there they had sold out and my dad gave them a bit of a hard time because we'd travelled a long way, well 24 miles but it seemed like a long way in the 80s!!!  Anyway they offered us a pair of Landing Gear at cost, I seem to remember they were about ?30.    When my mates saw them they said Landing Gear were crap but gave no explanation why.  Was this true?  I guess forks don't get much less 'aero' than Landing Gear!!!  To me they are probably the best looking forks of all time???

J

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Landing Gear
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 10:06 AM »
Nowt wrong with Landing Gear... sounds like a case of old school fork envy.  :D
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
Re: Landing Gear
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 09:30 PM »
+1! The only negative thing I remember is thinking that they were a bit chunky-looking - which looked fine on anything SE but odd on other frames.
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Landing Gear

gfxgfx
gfx gfx